zzADRiANzz

1920x1080 vs 1280x720 HELP!

So my monitor is 1920x1080 so if I set my settings to 1920x1080 in game it looks great but I want to try 1280x720 to see if it fixes FPS problems and other things but when I set it to 1280x720 in game it has black bars on top and bottom of screen even after restarting the game and sometimes the game even crashes. Is it even possible to have it at 1280x720 and look normal if my display is 1920x1080? Hopefully that wasnt too confusing. PLEASE HELP!

why not try any other resolution close to that and see if that fixes the black lines?

also make sure to set both 3d and normal res to same thing

why not try any other resolution close to that and see if that fixes the black lines?

also make sure to set both 3d and normal res to same thing

If framerate is his problem than change you're texture and object qualities rather than res

If framerate is his problem than change you're texture and object qualities rather than res

true dat, playing 720p on a 1080p screen is retarded imho

The black bars are probably caused by your monitor. Try finding the auto-adjust button on your screen and it should solve the problem.

On a side-note: Setting the resolution to lower than your screen resolution will actually give you somewhat better framerate, however the game will look "squashed" and you may notice that it may be hard to see some objects.

Edited by Svenskunganka

So is there any way to record in 720p with my 1080p display? Because I feel like it may help my FPS since Dxtory drops like 15+ frames when I start recording

Yes, Go to

C:\Users\(YourUserName)\Documents\ArmA 2

And look for ArmA2OA.cfg - Use Notepad to edit

And change the following values to your liking.

Resolution_W=1920;

Resolution_H=1080;

refresh=60;

winX=16;

winY=32;

winW=800;

winH=600;

winDefW=800;

winDefH=600;

Render_W=1920;

Render_H=1080;

Edited by dotPeanuts