Sign in to follow this  
Intigo

List of servers with nameplates on?

I'm not a big fan of nameplates because in their current state they allow you to spot people through walls & buildings and follow them as they shift position.

Does anyone have a list of servers with nameplates activated so I can easily avoid them?

There is, as far as I can tell, no way to tell if a server has nameplates on or not from the server list. I like 3rd person view so I still enjoy the regular servers, just not the ones that also have nameplates active.

Perhaps the devs or similar has a list of all the servers with their settings? If not, we could try to maintain a list in this thread and I'll update the OP as I go.

Nameplates ON:

* EU 6

* EU 7

* EU 15

* US 2

Out of curiosity, whats the default keybind for nameplates?

Or what is the setting name in controls please?

Updated OP, added some servers.

Out of curiosity' date=' whats the default keybind for nameplates?

Or what is the setting name in controls please?

[/quote']

There's no setting name. If the server has nameplates (nametags may be a better term to use) enabled then you will see player names as you mouseover them. You'll see some building names etc. pop up too.

im the same way ... i like third person but hate how u can spot someone without seeing them just by moving ur camera around......... do u know what the actual setting is that u can turn off

FriendlyTag=0;

EnemyTag=0;

I don't get why people leave that on in a sorta kinda PVP game.

You can spot and shot people over 1500m in pitch black, without seeing anything else.

FriendlyTag=0;

EnemyTag=0;

I don't get why people leave that on in a sorta kinda PVP game.

You can spot and shot people over 1500m in pitch black' date=' without seeing anything else.

[/quote']

Is it disabled on FR 1, FR 2 & FR 3?

Those are on the list right now but that's because someone else told me they had it enabled.

And yes, the nametags right now are pretty silly.

Well, we have crosshair on, so you have nametags when you open up your action menu. Not possible to disable it in conjunction with that unfortunately. But nametags itself are disabled.

You can tell if a server has name tags on. There is a box when you select it that says 'Regular' or 'Veteran'. Regular = on veteran = off.

While we are on the subject can we tell the people hosting the servers named US hardcore 1 and US hardcore 2 that they either have to change the name to US softcore x or make them veteran? Regular is not hardcore. Thanks.

Name tags are for me one of the biggest problems in the game. It's just no fun when everyone has some magic radar device that can spot targets through trees, walls, and buildings. They're the no.1 reason I don't play on regular servers anymore.

You can tell if a server has name tags on. There is a box when you select it that says 'Regular' or 'Veteran'. Regular = on veteran = off.

While we are on the subject can we tell the people hosting the servers named US hardcore 1 and US hardcore 2 that they either have to change the name to US softcore x or make them veteran? Regular is not hardcore. Thanks.

This is not true. I have seen Regular servers out there that have had nameplates DISABLED.

You should take a look at a few more servers before making a blanket statement like that. :)

This is not true. I have seen Regular servers out there that have had nameplates DISABLED.

You should take a look at a few more servers before making a blanket statement like that. :)

Yes sorry everyone, I have since learned I was wrong. Still my false assumption was caused by the fact that most server admins that create veteran servers also turn the names off, so it is still good rule of thumb for checking. I find your last line a little sarcastic however. I have played on about 20 different servers. Perhaps if there were one or two that did not conform to this rule it is because I was not observant enough not because I haven't been on enough servers.

Is there any way to determine that a server has nametags enabled without actually finding a player to test it on?

Is there any way to determine that a server has nametags enabled without actually finding a player to test it on?

It triggers on buildings too, sometimes. But honestly it feels a bit random or it may only trigger on certain buildings (I've seen "House" pop up a few times on my crosshair).

I usually ask in Side chat to confirm whether it's enabled or not.

Ahem.. Remove US 1, and replace it with US 2.

I don't run any type of scanning on US 1, only US 2.

Important topic.

It'd be relatively satisfactory if this was disabled entirely (along with crosshairs then it seems) on at the very least something like 1/3rd of all servers running at any point in time, but ultimately on every one of them.

IMO this sort of thing makes little to no sense at all in such an environment with numerous players that are out to survive in an unforgiving environment, when suddenly a tag on your map can appear where you will see the actual survivor and/or their names right there before your eyes, before you even saw them through your own (!), through buildings, shrubbery, windows and so on and so forth.

I doubt that this is a final type of direction that our beloved developers are aiming towards with this module.

I actually support name tags. It's server based, it's fine that way. No just no, why'd you request that?

It'd be relatively satisfactory if this was disabled entirely

I was once hanging with like 3 people we couldn't see eachothers names, the chat was spammy, try and make sense of what's going on. This way if I see a guy around I type his name and ask if friendly, otherwise going like "GUY in field u friendly" might get me no answer. Why do some believe having name tags on is so wrong but being able to chat with everyone is not. just lulz.

I actually support name tags. It's server based' date=' it's fine that way. No just no, why'd you request that?

I was once hanging with like 3 people we couldn't see eachothers names, the chat was spammy, try and make sense of what's going on. This way if I see a guy around I type his name and ask if friendly, otherwise going like "GUY in field u friendly" might get me no answer. Why do some believe having name tags on is so wrong but being able to chat with everyone is not. just lulz.

The reason I don't like nametags is because you can scan treelines, bushes, etc with your cursor and someone's name will pop up if they're there, it nullifies cover to a pretty large extent.

I'm all for disabling chat except for direct, too, btw.

Regular and veteran are presets, but a server can basically change any of the settings those two presets govern. What regular or veteran means is whatever the server operator decided.

It's just so when hosting a mission they can have two configuration that players can vote for in vote enabled servers.

I actually support name tags. It's server based' date=' it's fine that way. No just no, why'd you request that?

Please stop posting when you are this incompetent.