Sign in to follow this  
loydmilligan

Youtube Production Server

So I enjoy making dayZ youtube videos and judging by the number of similar videos on youtube I am not alone. I was recently thinking that it would be really helpful to have a way to get different types of footage for the purposes of making higher quality videos with higher production value. Some things that I would like are the ability to have a free camera, the ability to control the time of day better, the ability to record different angles of the same event, or simply to be able to record tutorials without the fear of being killed.

I realize that there are some problems with this idea as progress made on such a server should definitely not be carried over to "real" servers. And I also know that at least at one point there was a "single player" version of the game that people were using that might serve some of these purposes. I think having an actual server set up this way would provide much more value - as real "in game" scenarios could be replicated.

Why take the time and effort to do this - Youtube can contribute very much to the success of games these days. And games that add features to facilitate better Youtube videos have not surprisingly been some of the more popular games on Youtube. I think it is hard to deny that at least part of the success of minecraft was due to it becoming a smash hit on Youtube.

In any case, I am willing to put my money where my mouth is, as they say, and I am also willing to contribute time and effort. Please sound off if you are interested in this idea or perhaps just let me know how I can accomplish this type of stuff without creating a server specific to this purpose.

posting links to the issue you are asking about loyd is considered by some of the moderators to be against the rules and threads like this get deleted.

My thread about the subject got deleted some time back. they do not intend any kind of off database servers to ever exist.

the only way to run a private one that the developers consider "acceptable" seems to be to create a private locked one that is connected to the database eg: bashurverses server. which never ever has any film crew just the owner of the servers by himself farming stuff.

suffice to say there are options. go find em.

posting links to the issue you are asking about loyd is considered by some of the moderators to be against the rules and threads like this get deleted.

My thread about the subject got deleted some time back. they do not intend any kind of off database servers to ever exist.

the only way to run a private one that the developers consider "acceptable" seems to be to create a private locked one that is connected to the database eg: bashurverses server. which never ever has any film crew just the owner of the servers by himself farming stuff.

suffice to say there are options. go find em.

perhaps I am being dense' date=' but I do not see why this is so taboo. I guess this could be considered trying to cheat... I really just want a place to supplement actual gameplay with exciting cutscenes or different angles. As for the options you refer to...I am not super saavy...but I think you are talkinga bout single player mods....wink if im close.

[hr']

hey lody seattle 69 is my server and me' date=' Essofps and Eireborn fenix will be using it to make vids in! www.youtube.com/joshybfps

[/quote']

I think i ended up in your server last night. If you ever need help with anything youtbe related and need extra bodies let me know, i am willing to help create great content for this game.

Not Dayz related as such but you can "program" via the in game editor cut scenes, by using the arma/Dayz models. You could in theory make segments of a video. But its not on a server or even technically in the dayz mod. Obviously an eye for direction is required but the editor is quite decent at making cut scenes.

It allows for camera swing and fade etc: