Sign in to follow this  
leondss

Considering to play DayZ with a friend

Hello,

We are considering playing Day Z with a friend. We never tried it.

It looks awesome but we have some questions.

Worth playing coop 2 players? I mean, if you die, partner have to continue? There is a spawn?

We want to play it only if this can be played 2 players without problem, without walling 3h to meet together on a ma or press 100 times on a button to be on same server.

Thanks a lot

• Like 1

decoding your bad English but do you mean is it worth it to have a buddy helping me out?

• Like 1

We are looking for a coop game with a friend, worth paying DayZ?

Hi Alytpool. Yes it is worth playing. At first it is very hard. And you will die many times. Your friend will die many times. You will be in different parts of the map and it could take you half an hour to find it each other! It is worth it though. :)

I shall try answer your quesitons

Yes it's good to have a partner. Makes things a lot easier.

You WILL have to find each other upon spawn.

If one of you die. You either find your friend upon spawn on your go on yourself

Hope this answers

Be warned of death by tree, rock, stairs, etc. though.

• Like 1

My experiences have been fun when I did meet up with my friends; But what would mostly happen would be after 40 mins of travelling to them, they would die somehow before I got there and either quit because it was boring anyway (it wouldn't be f**kin boring if you two peasants learned to take care of yourselves!) or respawn far away. So you should each try to play by yourselves so you can live without one another, and if you have to meet up check where it says you spawn, look at a map (ingame or online) and start running towards each other. It will cut the time in half and not be boring for one person.

You should use something like Skype/Teamspeak/Steam etc to talk to each other.

Another thing, you will find all the places and street signs are in Russian so it's good to at least know the letters so you can sound the places out. Much easier than taking a minute to say "ok there's a 3 and a backwards N thingy with an arrow over it..."

Edited by Chris529
  • Like 1

well the spawns are random on the coast always, so it might take you some time to meet up with your friend unless he has a vehicle.

so you might want to think about playing some of the servers that have a lot of vehicles, there are quite a few.

or you might want to try the Origins Mod where you get a choice of places to spawn that will often put you a lot nearer your friend.

Much easier than taking a minute to say "ok there's a 3 and a backwards N thingy with an arrow over it..."

Hahahahaha My Experiences were much the same.

Hahahahaha My Experiences were much the same.

it can be fun playing the guessing game but it's really frustrating when you run to the wrong place :P

Of course it's worth it. Might be a little painful at the start before you get some experience about the game and learn the map, but playing with friends has so many advantages. This isn't CoD or Battlefield where you can respawn next to your friend 20 seconds later, so expect to spend anywhere between 5-20 minutes to group back up. Occasionally you'll die to bugs, frequently you'll die to experienced players and you'll also die cause you fucked up; if you can deal with that, go right ahead.

You will never lose your stuff unless you both die since you can camp the corpse, you have significantly more items at your disposal since you can share supplies etc and most importantly you'll have a huge advantage when it comes to looting as you can feed each other information on incoming/positions.