Sign in to follow this  
Scopeshot

Wrong signature <Insert random PBO here>

I took a break from Dayz a little while ago and removed it and Arma2 and arma 2 ao. I came back to the game and also go the DLC's because they where on sale. Redownloaded dayz commander, and have been trying for the past week to play dayz but for the life of me NOTHING works.

My firends usually just sit in the server for 20minutes before i bugger off pissed and about to throw a keyboard at someones head.

When I join in get a misc. pbo file saying that its missing. Almost a new one every time. Mind you I've played dayz for a long time and IDK what has went wrong.

Things I've tried to do to fix my issue (and yes ive tried 20-30 different servers with no change)

1. Reinstall day/ Arma 2 / Arma 2 oa

2. Reinstall BE

3. Replace the Client.dll in expansions/battleye

4.Verified arma 2/ oa

5. Coppied the addons folder from arma 2 to arma 2 oa

6. and clean wipe of steam and the entire ARMA 2 file dirrectory removing EVERY little file and reintalling it all

7.Drinking 10+ beers play smash your head on the keyboard

8. Turned off my firewall

I'm at my wits end here I cannot find out why DAYZ refuses to work for me

Please help

i think i should add the 10+beer's comment to my video tutorial. how did you get the arma package? steam? gamestop? amazon?

i think i should add the 10+beer's comment to my video tutorial. how did you get the arma package? steam? gamestop? amazon?

Steam install

You AO patch 1.60 and 1.62 + beta patch

You need to run the game.

Install Dayz

Addons and the Dtr folders are the only folders you need from Arma 2 to make it combined operations.

Create a shortcut:

Right click desktop or folder location of your choice.

Replace "yourlocation" with your game location =)

Start In:C:\yourlocation\Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead

Target:"C:\yourlocation\Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead\Expansion\beta\arma2oa.exe" "-mod=Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion;@DayZ;" -nosplash -emptyworld

do you have team viewer installed?

I removed it a little while ago

You AO patch 1.60 and 1.62 + beta patch - Did that

You need to run the game. -- Did That

Install Dayz -Obviously Did that

Addons and the Dtr folders are the only folders you need from Arma 2 to make it combined operations. - Also did this

Create a shortcut:

Right click desktop or folder location of your choice.

Replace "yourlocation" with your game location =)

Start In:C:\yourlocation\Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead

Target:"C:\yourlocation\Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead\Expansion\beta\arma2oa.exe" "-mod=Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion;@DayZ;" -nosplash -emptyworld

Atempted the above, Still have the issue, PBO kick's :'(

have you verify the system cache for each game in your arma library inside steam? if your missing any pbo and or cargo/deleted/missing is always handled through the Verify Game Cache checklist.

Troubleshooting Arma2/Dayz for Steam user's

Steam has a lot of different functions. One of the best is the File System Checklist. This checklist allows users to recover basic data that may have became corrupted/deleted. Arma 2 and Steam has a unique way of being high maintenance, every so often, Steam will need you to play the games from it's library for the "First Time Setup" phase, even though, you may have done this before, you gotta do it again, it gets important updates for registry keys, Battle eye and important updates from steams servers.

To fix problem's such as: Missing or invalid cd-key, Missing or deleted content and many more different issues.

Open Steam with administrator rights.

Right click Arma 2, Select properties, Go to Local File tab, Select Verify Game Cache.

(Do this to all Arma 2 related games in your library)

The order in which the games should be install/updated, should be by the date the game was released: Arma2/Arma2OA/Arma2PrivateMilitaryCompany/AArma2BritishArmedForces.

Once you have done those steps to all the arma games/dlcs, you got to close Steam out completely.

Reopen steam, select arma 2 and click play, wait till you get to the main menu, then log out.

(Do this to all Arma 2 related games in your library).

Once this is completed, your arma files will not only be updated but scanned and all are accounted for.

i copied this from my old thread sry about how big it is

Wall of text

I guess you did not read the original post. On line 4 I said that and I Quote "4.Verified arma 2/ oa" So yes I did that, Mutliple times

Edited by Scopeshot