Sign in to follow this  
thelonewarrior

Setting up a large survivor 2017 event, need server owner and open minded people

So I've been sitting on this idea for some time

Many people complain or discuss realism and get no where so I've decided to simulate a real zombie apocalypse as close as possible

It will need to be a European server as I'm from the uk

The idea is to have 15 players join a server, and have the admin livemap teleport everyone to the same location as a new spawn

The goal is to survive, everyone has 1 life and travel as a group as much as possible.

It will need to be played on dayz+ or dayz 2017 where zombies are a threat and food and weapk a more valuable

However.... What happens when someone finds a gun, they might start murdering the group

The reason I say dayz2017 would be good for this is because of the scarcity if weapons and ammo

I'm looking for a large range of players from bandits to heroes, but no one will know what everyone's intentions are

However if your plan is to kill everyone, try to make it imaginative

Maybe you will hide a hachet on your tool belt and wait to slowly pick people off and spread distrust while at the same time trying to not kill too many too quickly so you don't get a bandit skin

I'm looking for these kind of people, if you want to just pick up a gun and kill everyone that's your choice, but if you want to be part of something more ....

It will lead to some interesting situations, while looking for food or water, who will crack first when all of us are blinking out ?

Name tags will probably have to be enabled as in real life you would recognise one of your group

And no starting gear except bandages and backpacks

The only way I can determine that's there's both bandits and heroes is to get the potential survivors to email their application ( no in game name and I suggest changing them)

Picking one or 2 good and bad guys and email then the server and day the event will take place and pick the rest at random

I also welcome any recordings and ill piece together from all angles and send to everyone involved to post on their YouTube as will I

The only real requirments are a microphone and maturity, expect to get betrayed and please do not bitch when it happens

Thoughts? Suggestions?

Edited by Regulator Lone Warrior

Just a suggestion but maybe you could also add some kind of end-game (e.g. travel from point A to point B where the survivors remaining will be rescued etc ...).

_Anubis_

Good idea Anubis

Also a good idea might be to have the admin in the rocket skin as an impartial recorder and cameraman to catch all the events as they unfold

Good idea Anubis

Also a good idea might be to have the admin in the rocket skin as an impartial recorder and cameraman to catch all the events as they unfold

No need, there's an admin tool called GCam which can be used to view players without effecting gameplay.

Edited by Fluxley
  • Like 1

If you're gonna do this, you should probably think carefully of a few factors.

Obviously, if you're the bandit who's gonna kill people when no-ones looking, that'll be quite hard if they can just voice comm and say 'it's him! it's him!", which will mean that the only element of danger would be removed, and it'd literally be a walk from one side of the island to the other.

Zombies are no real threat in the mod, therefore, maybe you should reassess and possibly assign a complete seperate team who roleplay as containment teams or general bandits or something.

food4thought.

i like the idea of having a dedicated friendly group of survivors that walk from kamenka round the coast to black lake with a squad of bandits hunting them,

I agree with the zombies , that's why I believe dayz 2017 is the best option

Bandages are rare and zombies hit hard on it and its easy to bleed to death on 2017, when I've played it I've found maybe 3-4 bandages in an 6 hour session, now imagine sharing that between 15 people using direct chat which could bring zombies, 1 little scratch and your at the mercy of the 1-2 guys that maybe have bandages, so with so many people around there are gonna be casualtys and the rarity of blood bags and hunting materials might mean 1 guy could hog all the good stuff In secret and others will easily succumb to the elements

Maybe no name tags then, this will mean that someone could make some secret murders , there are bound to be times where people loot cities in smaller groups, giving that player the opportunity to make kills

Seeing as I now think not locking the server is a good idea, those not chosen for the main group may still play as they please and will be given he route the group takes and their mission is to cause chaos and ambush us

Do you think that woud work? That way is the best of both worlds I believe

Edited by Regulator Lone Warrior

I like the idea of starting as a group, but from there it should be free and open to do as you please. Separate or stay together. Hide and follow. Bolt for the closest high reward loot local and then go hunting, so on and so on.