rafters

Dayz servers overrun

Dayz servers these days seem full of abusive admins, stupid spawn gear and dumb players what happened to Dayz, why can't we go back to the hive..? Life was so simple then :'(

• Like 2

I agree completely, life was alot more simple in those times. The need and push for hack protection aswell as players own perception on how the mod is "supposed to be" has created its own monster all together. The main issue I think rafters is that the anti hack protection is just not where it should be at this point in time for public hive. If it had most of what is on alot of private servers these dayz I would never have left public.

• Like 1

Hello good sir. I would like to direct you to Balota Buddies. (check sig for website). I love BB. Amazing community, non-abusive admins, no spawn gear, great servers. Definitely best DayZ experience possible in my opinion.

• Like 1

The eternal quest.

Just wait for the standalone. Everything is just about waiting for the goddamn standalone.

It's probably a joke at their office; they never intend to release it publicly, just talk about it and release gameplay to wiggle it in our noses.

• Like 1

The eternal quest.

Just wait for the standalone. Everything is just about waiting for the goddamn standalone.

It's probably a joke at their office; they never intend to release it publicly, just talk about it and release gameplay to wiggle it in our noses.

Or its done and theyve been playing it for months. So much that Rocket is bored of the game and went to climb a big ass mountain.

I am hosting my own server now so I can make sure admin abuse is not a problem and hackers arnt either.

Hello good sir. I would like to direct you to Balota Buddies. (check sig for website). I love BB. Amazing community, non-abusive admins, no spawn gear, great servers. Definitely best DayZ experience possible in my opinion.

Thanks for the offer but I have my own server to worry about.

I am hosting my own server now so I can make sure admin abuse is not a problem and hackers arnt either.

You don't decide if hackers are a problem; hackers decide if hackers are a problem.

This is good news, my advice keep it as vanilla as possible. Combating hackers is not easy when you first get into running a server it takes a little time but dont let frustration get to you if you get attacked just do what you can to fix it properly in the DB.

A back up for the server works, set it for every ten minutes just in case you get hit hard. You can go back a little bit and many players will understand the reset if needed. Also you will need to watch it all the time. hackers hit so often, that as an admin you will have little play time on your own server. You will also want a few other admins to help you cover the times slots that you are not online. You will need to watch your server 24/7.

Things to watch out for as an admin is hunting other players down, if you are that kind of player. it isn't worth the drama of being acused of using admin powers to hunt players down. Plus you will already have a good idea of where players bases are. The server I admind on, the admins had a special skin. Didn't keep people from shooting at us though. If any thing it made us a target. Admins are not special and should not recieve any special equipment. And if an admin looses his helicopter, the server shouldn't be roled back becuase said admin is butt hurt.

I tried diffrent play styles to see what fit me best as I still wanted to play the game. I did the friendly/bandit mode approach. The Friendly thing so that there was a repore with the players of the server, and then the Bandit mode, which was anounced to prevent a care bear server from happening. We had many players on our server that were lone wolfs or team playing friendlies. Which I thought was cool. But beuase there were no bandits around realy, it lacked suspence. People were not playing as if they knew they could die at any moment. So when I went bandit, I had to turn my admin screen off (second monitor) and then start outfrom scratch. I would put every thing down I had and then rekit my self as I stumbled upon stuff. My rule was no vehicles becuase I already knew where they were on the map. If I stumbled upon one though in an obvious area I would blow it up. I tried to remove high end items off the map, like m107s and stuff like that. I wasn't able to do any of this though unless another admin was on. Eventualy I just took the approach of "Okay I'm here. I wont shoot any one and just find a nice place to hide. That way I could be in game and dick around, but never could do any thing becuase as soon as I got into a position where my character could die, a skript kitty was loose on server. That or just camped out a road with a sniper rifle and shot any one who drove/ran by Then run to another location.

You will find that real quick, many of your bandits, (not all) are skript kiddies. Hit your server up, hit a script and gear up, then start porting around the map to kill people. You have to constantly check the inventory of players on the server. If you have a server host who also gives you a tracking map, use that to see who are making thier way to vehicles or to where players are. You will learn through experience who is using an ESP hack.

Now, when it comes to server resets. I liked every 6 hours as it kept the lag of the server down. But 12 hours is perhaps best as it keeps people from hitting up the helicopters on server reset. We had a taviana map and it was set for every three hours. I so hated that as at every server reset, there was a mad dash for the crashed helies.

Or its done and theyve been playing it for months. So much that Rocket is bored of the game and went to climb a big ass mountain.

Do I see a conspiracy thread?