Sign in to follow this  
Deceived

Connection problems to servers

I have downloaded both Arma 2 and arma 2 OA onto my computer with the hopes i could play DayZ. After downloading DayZ commander and copying my addons folder into OA i selected a server and received these errors (pictures). I have re downloaded my game with no luck. None of my friends know's how to fix it and nether do i.

post-158725-0-33385900-1368134374_thumb.

post-158725-0-76917700-1368134420_thumb.

I also receive a "You have been kick" as soon as i start it up

that's because your expansions are all out of whack open up dayz to the map you want, before trying to join a server, u need to check your expansion tab in the main menu, make sure arma2/arma2oa/arma2PrivateMilitaryCompany/arma2Britisharmedforces/beta/expansion(if you have the DLC's) are all checked including the map your trying to play. you also need to make sure your dayz commander knows where the @Dayz files is located. Make sure in the settings tab inside dayz commander, there are 3 directory's path's, make sure they are all correct. The best way to do this is open your arma2oa folder and open the @dayz folder copy the link and then paste it in the dayz directory file path. usually the arma2 and the arma2OA paths are correct, the dayz one is usually different.

Edited by =DiG= Zgraphz

All my directories were set to the place they were suppose to be long ago. Arma 2 (C:\Program Files (x86)\Bohemia Interactive\Arma2) arma 2 OA (C:\Program Files (x86)\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2 Operation Arrowhead\) and DayZ (C:\Program Files (x86)\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2 Operation Arrowhead\@DayZ). This is what i got when i started the game after checking everything. I get the same errors

http://screenshotuploader.com/s/13053zofv/

http://screenshotuploader.com/s/13055ganv/

http://screenshotuploader.com/s/1305if-xf/

what do you use to launch dayz?

I have downloaded both Arma 2 and arma 2 OA onto my computer with the hopes i could play DayZ. After downloading DayZ commander and copying my addons folder into OA i selected a server and received these errors (pictures). I have re downloaded my game with no luck. None of my friends know's how to fix it and nether do i.

That error message only comes up if one of the two things are incorrect, the path at which the game's follow, and the expansion setup. or you install @dayz to the wrong location which from what you are saying seems to be the right one, but ur missing files or you dont have them in the correct spot.

If his pathways are fecked and he does not have steam copies he can always select settings in commander and place this in additional launch parameters after dayz-

I.E.

-mod=PMC;BAF

or if he has @'s

-mod=@PMC;@BAF

Isn't the metis.turnCoef' related to origins?

Edited by Steak and Potatoes

i thought it was always "-Mod=D:\@dayz/addons" reguardless if it was baf or pmc

(w/e your letter is)

that's how i did it when i used to run it off a ramdisk. and im not sure if thats related to origins

Yes it is related to origin's map:)

Edited by =DiG= Zgraphz
  • Like 1

I Downloaded the game form amazon. That is where i bought it.

Can you play normal dayz cherno or are you attempting to play expansions? do you have any dlc downloaded?

Edited by Steak and Potatoes

i swear, they need to create a downloader for this shit, wouldn't matter if u get it from steam,BI,Amazon,Retail stores, just have a program well known like dayz commander, that just jumbles the files up in a correct manner, just put a valid cd-key in and it creates the file's and there locations... just like when you install windows 7, a man can dream... a man can dream...

Edited by =DiG= Zgraphz

safe to say he doesn't have the dlc's

right click that arma2oa, and go to properties one of those files has a target file location... where is it set to

Edited by =DiG= Zgraphz

just went into regular OA multiplier. Is trying to tell me i need the latest version. But it is telling my my version is the latest version.

Said location C:\Program Files (x86)\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2 Operation Arrowhead

Said location C:\Program Files (x86)\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2 Operation Arrowhead

thats not the target file, the target file location has like 3 betas and 3 expansions in the codec.