Sign in to follow this  
thekillerz34@hotmail.com

Screen freezes every 30~ seconds

I recently purchased ARMA II Combined Ops from steam to play DayZ. My system requirements are above what is needed for the game, and I can also play starcraft 2 and skyrim on Ultra settings. But whenever I try to play Day Z, the screen freezes for me after every thirty seconds or so. How do I fix this?

Anyone know how to fix, as I get this too and its a pain when running/fighting zombies.

Yea, my friend was getting this randomly yesterday, he fixed it by messing with the settings.

I can't remember exactly what one he said stopped it, but it happens everytime you get a flash of light or something right?

You guys managed to fix this somehow? I'm having the exact sam problem. Please help.

You guys managed to fix this somehow? I'm having the exact sam problem. Please help.

Dump/close sixlauncher, use either the beta exe in steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\Expansion\beta or launch via steam.

Also, settings. Use approppriate ones. Videomemory is, if I remember correctly, low 256 norm 512mb high 1gb and default. Match res & 3d res.

If you get one of those "5-10fps everything starts glitching and goes low-res, crashes" fits, alt-tab out and back quickly. Works for me.

Hope this helps :)

Dump/close sixlauncher' date=' use either the beta exe in steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\Expansion\beta or launch via steam.

Also, settings. Use approppriate ones. Videomemory is, if I remember correctly, low 256 norm 512mb high 1gb and default. Match res & 3d res.

If you get one of those "5-10fps everything starts glitching and goes low-res, crashes" fits, alt-tab out and back quickly. Works for me.

Hope this helps :)

[/quote']

I have tried without the sixlauncher and it worked for 20 minutes and then again it started to freeze every few seconds. I don't have the steam. Game runs fine, fps is fine everything is fine except those freezes, and when it freezes the computer is fine I can talk to other guys, everything works those seconds beside the game. Anybody have some more tips???

I have tried without the sixlauncher and it worked for 20 minutes and then again it started to freeze every few seconds. I don't have the steam. Game runs fine, fps is fine everything is fine except those freezes, and when it freezes the computer is fine I can talk to other guys, everything works those seconds beside the game. Anybody have some more tips???

Hmmm hmmm hmmm... system specs? Do the textures start changing to low-res when the freeze starts? Do you have the beta patch for arma 2 oa?

I'm not sure how the beta patch affects one's game but I remember reading somewhere that some peeps have had issues playing with/without the beta patch or similar haven't had this myself though... someone please enlighten us about this matter.

As said, JUST TURN OFF THE SIX LAUNCHER!

Had the same issue, turned it off, fixed it.

Yeah, turning off six launcher works for me too, when u enter game, just turn it off.

Happens to me as well, and I don't even use six launcher. Like others have said, my frames are fine (generally sit between 45 and 55) but every 30 seconds or so my screen will freeze for a third or a half of a second.