Sign in to follow this  
HighPiez

Bring me up to speed

Stopped playing a lil bit before the new year, was expecting the SA to be out by now but I see it still isn't? when is the ETA for it? Also whats new in the MOD itself? I would check but downloading 2 games and going through the trouble to make both work just doesn't seem like fun. Thanks

Welcome back. Its pretty straight forward to get Day Z working with Day Z commander, shouldnt take you long.

The mod is pretty good still, updates aren't coming as fast as they were but to be honest it doesnt matter as private hives allow much more freedom in terms of modifications, scripts and customisations.

Main hives are pretty much dead thanks to the wave of script kiddies and insufficient administration rights, which is a shame, but private hives are very much alive and kicking. Check out a few of the more well established hives. Theres various different "flavours" of Day Z out there now, Day z+, Redux, Origins, 2017 etc. all offering cool features and additions. Theres also a lot of custom maps converted to Day Z now too.

Its worth checking out anyway.

• Like 2

-Auto refuel

-Clear roads

These are fairly new and popular now. I like the clear roads especially.

Also seems to be a few more servers that specifically cater to PVP. So there is tons of gear on top of spawning with good gear.

Edited by SteveLord

HighPiez, no, do it yourself, you lazy sod! Doesn't seem like fun? Well it's no fun for us telling you either. :P

I just came back to the game myself about two weeks ago now after being gone since September. Download the games and jump on the server I play on. It's got enough original stuff that it keeps the DayZ feel (some servers are spawning you with a sniper rifle now <_< ) and it's got enough new content that you don't run out of stuff to do. I'm having a blast.

As stated before. Private Hives are the way to go now. Many admins take thier server private as it allows them to ban trouble players. Many admins will ban for combat logging, which is something I support. Also private hives will implement scripts that you will not find in a public hive. The one I like is where they take the action timer. Where you shoot a weapon and have to wait 30 seconds before you can log out, and make it so that if you even move, you can't log out till 30 seconds later. This prevents players from logging out to reset the zombies.

Though one down fall to private hives is that oyu have to fiind a server with admins you can respect. There are admins out there who will abuse the position.