Fever (DayZ)

Day Z w/ Arma II Free

Hi! Based on the research I've done, it appears that I can play Day Z with Arma II Free and Operation Arrowhead (for 19.99). I've heard that some textures are "missing" if you do this, what does this mean? Are the textures lower res or not there at all? Is it playable? Thanks!

Yes, you can play with ArmA II Free. You will still need to purchase the Operation Arrowhead expansion, which is around 20$ at most retailers. The only downside to ArmA II Free is reduced quality textures, not removed ones. It is a pretty steep downgrade in quality, which may or may not be worth the 10-20$ reduction to you. Have fun!

Yes' date=' you can play with ArmA II Free. You will still need to purchase the Operation Arrowhead expansion, which is around 20$ at most retailers. The only downside to ArmA II Free is reduced quality textures, not removed ones. It is a pretty steep downgrade in quality, which may or may not be worth the 10-20$ reduction to you. Have fun!

[/quote']

Thanks! Yeah, when doing my research I found people saying textures were missing, which would be worth 10-20 dollars to me. But if it's only low resolution and quality I think I can tough it out!

Yes' date=' you can play with ArmA II Free. You will still need to purchase the Operation Arrowhead expansion, which is around 20$ at most retailers. The only downside to ArmA II Free is reduced quality textures, not removed ones. It is a pretty steep downgrade in quality, which may or may not be worth the 10-20$ reduction to you. Have fun!

[/quote']

Thanks! Yeah, when doing my research I found people saying textures were missing, which would be worth 10-20 dollars to me. But if it's only low resolution and quality I think I can tough it out!

Glad to have helped. I do not own it yet either, and am more than willing to play it in it's full glory, but I think I am going to wait for the Steam Summer Sale. It will most likely happen around June 27th. You may want to wait a bit too!

I'm currently playing with the free version of ArmA 2 and I have to say if you have the spare cash laying around, buy the full version. The free version will do if like me you don't have the spare monies at the moment, but believe me the low res textures are horrible. I'm going to be upgrading to the full version as soon as possible, spare money allowing.