Hirox3

Finally some people are trying to make the game fun

Im not saying everyone in the forum is obsessed with the idea of Realism but Day Z is still a game

In the Suggestions section i saw alot of great ideas being put down by people

Example: "This idea is stupid and Unrealistic"

i know i over exaggerated abit on the quote but thats what is happening.

People need to remember that this is a game and its meant to be fun with some realism.

:dodgy:

I think the world should be realistic, and people should find enjoyment in their own ways. If you can't find it then the game isn't for you. I think this way the good parts are really highlighted after all the punishment of a harsh unforgiving world :D

*just my opinion

It's not a game, Rocket stated himself it was an "anti-game".

Alot of ideas have no real thought put into them other than "wouldn't it be great if...". There are much wider implications to alot of additional features and some people lack the understanding of game design to think them through properly.

I love people bringing the realistic part in a zombie filled mod for a game.

Okay, theoretically, a zombie existing in the way many programs and films make them out to be is possible, though the number of events that need to take place in order makes it near impossible. There is a fungal theory, look it up if you wish. It's been a while since I read any of the articles about it.

I suspect the idea is to take this fanciful pop culture genre of the zombie apocalypse and make a simulator, map out what it would be like if our one extreme variable could happen. So each tweak, eatch patch, each idea is about trying to figure out "If this did happen, how would it play out in the real world" and make it fun for the player as well.

We might be part of some United Nations study for all we know. Let's chart what survivors would do, let's look at the psychology of it, the needs of the people, the way society will restructure itself.

TheGoldElite is right in the assessment, thou I prefer to say it this way: If you don't like it, go away. No ne is pointing a Makarov at you and making you play.

Wait, maybe someone is...

It's not a game' date=' Rocket stated himself it was an "anti-game".

[/quote']

Anyone who says this needs to be put down.

Is it so wrong for a game to try any realistically model something (like a survival experience)? is that something taboo that no game ever is allowed to try and do?

I dont see the problem. Let DayZ be what Rocket wants it to be, if you or I don't like the final product... well then, there are tens of thousands of other games out there.

game/realism don't have to be mutually exclusive, the whole simulation genre is a statement of that.

"It's realistic" has become the rallying cry of the forums. Forget if an idea adds anything to the game, forget if an idea actually has any merit, forget technical limitations and the finite resource that is developer time. If it's realistic it's good and if it's not it's bad. That's what the forums seem to have boiled down to. Either that or people complaining they get shot too often (which is the other end of the spectrum).

Seems like everyday the forum slides further down into the abyss. It's gotten so bad that someone is actually in this thread trying to tell us a zombie infection is possible to justify this ultra-realism talk. Luckily it seems like Rocket has plenty of his own ideas, so I'm not worried.

If the community was actually listened to overall I would be in the process of looting cherno for toothpaste so I don't log back in with gingevitus because I drank a soda yesterday in game.

To address the realism argument, to make any game more difficult you just have to make it more like life and therefore realistic. This is always true as life is the most difficult thing you know.

As for realism in games, this is impossible. You want to make it feel authentic, as rocket stated. The reason is you can feel authentic emotions in a game that is not realistic.

Since we, as humans, can't make a game that currently addresses realism, we shoot for authentic.

Im not saying everyone in the forum is obsessed with the idea of Realism but Day Z is still a game

In the Suggestions section i saw alot of great ideas being put down by people

Example: "This idea is stupid and Unrealistic"

i know i over exaggerated abit on the quote but thats what is happening.

People need to remember that this is a game and its meant to be fun with some realism.

I think the realism in this game is what makes it fun. Obviously zombies are fictional but they're trying to as closely as possible predict what it would be like if it happened in real life (hence simulation). People WANT this kind of game because it'll never happen for real and its fun to see what it's like without the real world consequences.

If you make it like every other zombie game... well... it will be like every other zombie game. :) Nothing wrong with good suggestions, but lets not turn this into Resident evil, L4D or the many other games out there. If you're looking for that, then man just play the classics! I still love all kinds of survival horror.. but DayZ give me something specific the other do not. Adding extreme fiction will make it lose its sandbox appeal.

Seems like everyday the forum slides further down into the abyss. It's gotten so bad that someone is actually in this thread trying to tell us a zombie infection is possible to justify this ultra-realism talk. Luckily it seems like Rocket has plenty of his own ideas' date=' so I'm not worried.

[/quote']

I don't imagine the articles. Here's one now. rabies!

http://io9.com/5919645/the-virus-that-inspired-the-whole-zombie-genre

I'm not using it to justify the ultra realism, I am just trying to offer a counter point for the sake of conversation. I prefer starting with a pistol, personally. But someone questioned realism when talking about zombies so I had to share something.

I prefer living in a world without a zombie apocalypse, just so we're all clear.

There are probably more people playing DayZ then the whole population of Chenarus.

You can't explain that!