Sign in to follow this  
Rex302

Custom Zombies/Guns

Hello there!

I have been wanting something in Day Z for quite awhile now, and with the standalone coming out, nows my chance to say it.

I want to see player-made guns and zombies in DayZ. The whole idea behind it is that there could be a program of some sort, or possibly just a forum for it, that allows players to create a weapon/zombie to their own liking. Of course, you might say that people could make them overpowered or underpowered, and how would they even be implemented into the game? Well, instead of just one or two guns/zombies, it would be a pack of 10-30. As for the actually putting them in-game, there could be custom servers for that (with the new spawning system, it could work). Any packs that are highly liked/used could then be submitted into the DayZ forums, and judged to see if they should be implemented or not. This would allow for a ton of new weapons, all of which you can chose to your liking. Of course, there will be problems with this idea, but thats why i'm posting here. I accept any new ideas or thoughts that this is stupid, as long as you keep it respectful.

Interesting. I like the zombie model idea, not the gun one.

Easy to do in Arma 3 but not sure how the standalone will work with custom addons, If it wasn't for so many scripter, cheaters and wankers they SA team wouldn't need to lock the game down :(

That said, Rocket is a fan of community mods so at some point they'll work something out :)

Their are alot of custom things in Origins. Guns, Skins, Zombies.

Interesting. I like the zombie model idea, not the gun one.

Alright, agreed.

I like this idea! From what I have read the SA will not be mod freindly in the first instance however I am sure in time it will become so.

When you say create weaapons do you mean... invent them or more compile weapons packs from existing weapons. The reason I ask is because pretty much every gun/weapon you can imagine that could be implemented without distracting from the setting has allready been invented/created.

Do you mean the application of turning real world or other game guns into code?

anyway.

you could have an industrial pack with things like

nailgun

cutting blade thrower

welding torch/blow torch

chainsaw

rivet gun

or a medieval pack

broadsword

spears

bows

lances ( for your horse!!)

canon

etc etc.. or are you thinking more..... BFG!?!?!?

bfgguy.jpg

Edited by Walking Wounded

For the gun pack, exactly, pin point on, what you said. (industrial, medieval, sci-fi).

I didn't know that the SA wont support mods.....which completely destroys this idea (for now). :P O well, it was only an idea. Hopefully they will eventually support mods.