Is this allowed? so many servers locked recently

so many servers, 1/76 [locked] Rage!. lol.

lol its so funny though, 0/50 and it instantly fills up xD

I am the Lead Administrator of UK5. The server is sometimes locked while loading up to prevent 50 players from joining at once (like today). The simple fact is if too many players join whilst the server loads up, then the server will prioritize the loading of Players over Tents and Vehicles.

This results in some tents / vehicles "disappearing". They are still there (because they're saved in the database in the relative instance), but the scripts that are tasked to load them from the database don't fully complete. That is why the server was locked/unlocked intermittently.

Either servers lock as they start up the game, or you'll be making another thread with a story about how an abusive Admin of UK5 deleted your tents and vehicles..

Zzzzzz..

This is common and well known practice, and it is allowed. If you actually see a server locked for more then a few minutes, then feel free to report it.

AQ trying to fast grab vehicles

How does one "fast grab vehicles" when the server is on debrief and hasn't even started the game? Please, do elaborate.

Wait, where the hell are there vehicles to fast grab anyway?

I didn't even know we used UK5 in AQ. I thought we only played on UK9.

Oh well.

Actually been a more then a few servers been locked for awhile.

AQ trying to fast grab vehicles

How does one "fast grab vehicles" when the server is on debrief and hasn't even started the game? Please' date=' do elaborate.

Wait, where the hell are there vehicles to fast grab anyway?

[/quote']

VEHICLE UPDATE (database side): 2012-06-16

Changelog 2012-06-16:

All vehicles locations will be reset after server restarts. This is required to implement respawning.

* [FIXED] All land and water vehicles will now spawn in a repairable state .

* [NEW] Vehicles can now be tracked on database level, they will respawn or be reset at secret intervals once they have been destroyed.

* [NEW] Vehicles left unused too long (hidden, placed in unreachable locations, bugged) will be reset after a minimum of 7 days - this exact time of respawn is also secret.

* [NEW] Vehicles are spawned on all new servers.

Everyone knows the vehicles was reset. Plenty of reason for people to lock servers to find spawns.

First. Read Alfie's post on why server's are locked while briefing (aka launching)

Second. AQ doesn't use our UK5 server. We use UK9 only last I checked.

Third. If we wanted to get vehicles we would get our member in then lock it. If you check it, normally when the server locks the person in isn't even AQ. It's just the first person that joined teh server after the restart.

Fourth. Be informed before making posts about subjects you clearly are not informed about.

When did I say you were the OP?

And you care enough to write and get quotes about it. You sound like you care too much for someone that doesn't care.

Weird.

Fourth, I don't play on your server. Nor do I care if you lock your server and break the rules.

So why make an empty accusation to try and discredit us if you don't care so much? You've obviously got some sort of hidden agenda. Which game did we piss you off in?

Fourth' date=' I don't play on your server. Nor do I care if you lock your server and break the rules.

[/quote']

So why make an empty accusation to try and discredit us if you don't care so much? You've obviously got some sort of hidden agenda. Which game did we piss you off in?

We must have taken all his marbles.

why are you all raging at each other? was a simple question. This server was locked for at least 30 minutes.

why are you all raging at each other? was a simple question. This server was locked for at least 30 minutes.

There's no rage. We just simply don't appreciate when individuals with some apparent ulterior motive post lies. The server was locked for no more then a few minutes in total. That's a fact. DayZ Staff can even verify it if they'd like.

Guys, locked is usually for perf issues. Usually.

Suspicious if some people are on there, sometimes.

It's the passworded servers that are questionable, though.

If I can have a server that's passworded 24/7 like the brazil one, let me know where to sign up to pay.