Sign in to follow this  
DazTroyer

GTX680 lower fps than GTX560ti 448???

I've been lucky enough to buy a 680 to replace my 560ti 448 OC. However while my 560 used to get 60+ fps with most settings on high, 90 in a field, my 680 only ever gets 50 but averages 40fps. I keep AA and post processing off. Now its a bit better in cherno than the 560, doesn't drop below 25 usually but the 680 smashed the 560 in benchmarks and Crysis 3 etc, so why so poor in DayZ?? :huh:

ArmA's engine is really poorly optimized, so you could get different FPS every day.

haha, dayz which is a mod from arma 2 is HDD dependent, if you have a standard 500GB, 1TB that runs at 7kRPM, it wont cut it. I put my arma game on a 120gb Solid State Drive and i get 70fps in huge citys and 120 out in the field, and i have a gtx 660 ti with a quad core holding 32GB of ram, but ram isn't the key, thats for editing , it's the speed at which your harddrive transfer at, hence why SSD burns the crap out of HDD in speed but HDD kills SSD in durably and life expectancy, which is why most gamers use a HDD for a primary Hard drive thats runs operating system and the Solid State Drive to runs your games. If you have more than 16gb of ram you could always make a ramdisk that holds the entire arma 2 folder and run it all off ram which would make it run a shit load faster. but still SSD is the best way to go if you can afford 90-110$, but if not then Ramdisk is the way to go because it's free

That doesn't explain why my old card gets more fps, using the same hdd that my 680 is using now? Been thinking of getting a sdd though, so maybe nows the time.

This is the reason: ArmA is and old game. Due to lack of optimization and performance issues already apparent, you lack FPS anyway, but the main reason is that the updated software/hardware of the card has a hard time communicating with the old of ArmA.

Edited by McCullins

i always just assume the software from the game was just more compatible with hardware inside the card, counter-strike did that alot back the the day.(pre-steam)

No bottlenecking going on? Whats the rest of your system like? Drivers up to date? Similar problems in other games? Maybe its a server side issue causing the fps drop?

Get an ssd like the human above suggested, I doubt it will help but you wont regret it either way.

SSD won't to do shit for your average fps. It will get rid of hiccups and hangups, but if your fps is generally low you need to beef up your CPU, go for a i7.

A weak CPU or any AMD CPU ( thanks to the worst kind of unoptimized engine ever and retarted coding ) won't cut it, ever. Same for Arma 3.

You want to play a good game with high FPS, you are at the wrong address The only way to enjoy Arma games is to buy a heavy CPU that should not be needed in the first place.

I got a Samsung SSD 830, thats a very good SSD. Got myself a SATA 3 board to get the most out of it. 8 gigs of DDR3, a AMD Phenom X6 1100 ( thats 6 cores at 3,3ghz) and a ATI HD 6950 2GB. And the game runs horrible.

• Like 1

SSD won't to do shit for your average fps. It will get rid of hiccups and hangups, but if your fps is generally low you need to beef up your CPU, go for a i7.

A weak CPU or any AMD CPU ( thanks to the worst kind of unoptimized engine ever and retarted coding ) won't cut it, ever. Same for Arma 3.

You want to play a good game with high FPS, you are at the wrong address The only way to enjoy Arma games is to buy a heavy CPU that should not be needed in the first place.

I got a Samsung SSD 830, thats a very good SSD. Got myself a SATA 3 board to get the most out of it. 8 gigs of DDR3, a AMD Phenom X6 1100 ( thats 6 cores at 3,3ghz) and a ATI HD 6950 2GB. And the game runs horrible.

;) :thumbsup:

Edited by McCullins

hello good evening. i wanna play dayz but i got a problem. i wanna buy a video card that supports this game, but i don't know which one i should buy. thx for your help :)

For your information the rig is...

i5 3450

Asus H77 mobo with pci e 3.0

8gb 1600mhz corsair ram

Standard 7200rpm hdd.

-snip-

Dude. There are more punctuation marks than commas.

Dude. There are more punctuation marks than commas.

grammer? lol it's a gaming forum, not an essay.

Grammer? Lol, [this website is] a gaming forum, not an essay.

lol man you need to get laid

Wow. You're fucking cool, telling someone to get laid on a "Gaming forum." The irony. And you had to leave it to me to capitalize on the humor. See? That is a pun. Although I guess you don't know what those are yet, being in... what? Kindergarten?