rhinocrunch

EPIC LUMBERJACK BANDITS

lol that was really funny :) Make more i subscribed.

Im going to do this but img oing to go into direct channel and yell WAAAGH!!!!!!

Hahaha this is what dayz is all about, totally hilarious!

I love the carebears tears, I drink them, they are sweet - let them pour with each swing of the axe.

im actually gonna do the same from now on' date=' so much fun - btw, do you own a server by any chance?

[/quote']

LA 7 is the server I admin.

Thanks for the positive feedback guys!

So good lmao I have never found nvg's but damn prop's for using them for a good video and a fun time...

Lol' date=' epic lumberjack bandits are epic! Is there going to be a next video?

[/quote']

I do videos all the time. As far as a sequel though, we have something special planned if Rocket ever turns the physics up again. I archived the patch so I can revert to it just for the crazy melee'ing. Might be fun to revert in the future.

Is it possible to have a 'hatchet-only' server?

It would be fun, anyways as for the video..

killing most of the people when they were being busy,

climbing down a ladder, holding flashlight, looting, etc.

Well, so much for 'hardcore'.

i thought it was a good video.. all the victims were dumb enough to stay on the coast in the dark and so met their demise.

Impossibru, I haven't been on today since the shit storm. Im waiting for the shit blizzard to calm down. If you don't get the reference, see this video.

yeah sorry' date=' I don't find treating DayZ like a generic FPS with melee funny. That's called dumbing down a masterpiece. This is LITERALLY on par with calling Dr. Who "just another sci-fi show"

It would be funny in a game that's meant for this level of stupidity, but DayZ is not one of them.

[/quote']

Lighten up!!

I would, sure, if this was a private server or just a few guys having fun, but it's not. It's griefing scattered with glitter to look like fun. Here again, I'm sure it's funny in any other setting, but when we're trying to fight abuse like this? It's not funny in the least. This only further reinforces the stereotype that bandits ruin DayZ, not because they are bandits, but because they just farm kills like every other FPS.

For me, the thing that makes DayZ a masterpiece is that it's a game about griefers -- they're just as important of an element to the game as the zombies are. Knowing that there are lunatics out there who want to put an axe in your brain for no rational reason at all is a core element in this game -- if you removed that (e.g. FF=off / PvE only) then it would completely destroy the depth and fear of human interactions/emotions achieved.

This isn't abuse of the game, it's just more role-play. These guys want to role-play axe-wielding maniacs, that's their choice, and the game is better for all of us as a result.

To deny an entire half of the role-playing sphere of characters (i.e. chaos/evil inspired characters) would be a complete abuse and perversion of the masterpiece of a game.

P.S. No, I'm not a "shoot on sight" type bandit. Have you see the film "The Road"? I play the game more like that -- scared as shit of any other human that's survived, because they're likely either crazy or desperate or both. Best to keep your distance and watch someone for a long time before thinking about approaching them, unless you really have to.

And yes, if my character was killed in Cherno by a crazed lumberjack, that would be fun for me. First, it would be my fault for being in Cherno at night and not being extremely on-edge for murderers (it's a known bandit hot-spot), and second, that's a great way to conclude my character's story -- it beats all my other characters' stories, who simply got eaten by the horde, or shot by a sniper while cooking, or stabbed in the back for beans. This is a game about role-playing apocalypse survivors and living their (short) stories. Pretty sure every apocalypse movie has it's fair share of crazy people as well as the few heros.

Flawless. I love it. If i was killed by these bandits id be more inclined to laugh than to cry. Awesome work. This is what banditry is about.

I'm glad you guys can appreciate this, I got flamed to shit on Reddit. I don't understand why all the survivors are such hardcore carebears.

I'm glad you guys can appreciate this' date=' I got flamed to shit on Reddit. I don't understand why all the survivors are such hardcore carebears.

[/quote']

Mate its hilarious and don't let anybody tell you otherwise. :heart:

To everyone going 'Dayz is this' 'Dayz is that', Listen up. DayZ is a fecking computergame and they are meant to be about fun.

Chasing people in the dark with an axe looks pretty fucking fun.

I'm glad you guys can appreciate this' date=' I got flamed to shit on Reddit. I don't understand why all the survivors are such hardcore carebears.

[/quote']

Mate its hilarious and don't let anybody tell you otherwise. :heart:

To everyone going 'Dayz is this' 'Dayz is that', Listen up. DayZ is a fecking computergame and they are meant to be about fun.

Chasing people in the dark with an axe looks pretty fucking fun.

I will have to agree on that. It was some of the most fun I had in the game, and it lasted for a good two hours.