iodoform

Zombie gunshot alert mechanic

I'm not sure if this would qualify as a bug or not, but I've noticed that when I shoot a gun in an area with zombies, the zombies run toward ME, not the source of the sound. For example, I was in Cherno near a guard booth. I shot a zombie then quickly ran into the guard booth and hid with 0 visibility and 0 noise, however the zombies that aggrod all knew exactly where I was and ran into the booth ~10 seconds after the shot. They were all out of LoS before I shot.

My suggestion is to make the gunshot alert mechanic based on the location of the player at the moment they shot, but have that location stay fixed despite where the player may move. It's more realistic to be able to shoot and then run and hide while zombies swarm the area where you initially shot from trying to find the source of the noise.

I totally agree with you. The zombies should be attracted to the location of the player at the moment of the gunshot.

I also think that the sound of gunshots should carry a little distance to them.

Are you familiar with ArmA 2 code and modding? How do the noise mechanics work? If you think it is easy to implement, can you explain how it would be done?

Yes we need this. I have died so many times because they are alerted to somthing they could not see :L

it reminds me a little like the latest splintercell games, where if you where detected it left a outline of where you where, meaning they will be attracted to there

overall it is a idea that should be added, as it is more realistic, and would add a lot to the feeling

but i think it might take a while to code, but it does sound awesome :D