Mezzanine

Low zombie count/low loot across servers

I totally agree Mezzanine.

There are some servers with working loot although the reduction in zombies since the patch has really removed tension from the game.

I encountered this with a 7 man crew the other night. We just chalked it up to BEATING BACK THE INFECTION! But I know it's just a bug/glitch in the system(s). Does it deter me? Not 1 bit. There are still Z's around just not enough. I do like when there are more, but I'll take what I can get. I get a bit annoyed with the entitlement that I've been seeing around the forums. I'm just happy I can play. Though I would like more Zed I'm confident things will be ironed out with enough time. Also, ALPHA.

Hopefully this is fixed soon, if you thought PVP was bad before, now you are forced to kill eachother for food and guns

It seems more like a bug then the servers reducing for performance. For the past couple nights I've been on the seattle server. The zombies run about 200~ and eventually drop to 0, The server isn't packed maybe 20+ players but everything stops spawning.

Pre 1.5.6 patch it was a constant 700+ zombies, hardly see over 200 now.

Same problem seems to be occuring most everywhere. Zombies seem more randomly occuring here and there rather than something consistent. Even though I kind of like that there's some aspect of impredictability and you don't know if they are going to be or not, Z spawns ought to be more consistent.

I spent maybe an hour, 45min, somewhere around there in NW Airfield a night or two ago, 50/50 people on the server, checked the loot spawns every ten minutes; only saw one gun spawn, and it was an AKM, a couple cans of food, and nothing else. Not even a single zombie. I saw one zombie waaaaaaaay off in the distance near the main entrance, and that was it, nothing else.

Yeah I think something is going on. Last night I was in cherno where things seemed to be spawning fine. Got killed by some bandits. spawned near elektro went in to the city. saw maybe 2-3 zombies checked the church, fire station, school, nothing but some Alice packs. Made my way to Cherno zombies everywhere got plenty of loot. So it seems like certain cities aren't spawning zombies like they should. I ran into at least 1-3 survivors at Elektro so I know it's not a lack of players causing them to not spawn.

from about 8-11 PM on Chicago 3 server the zombie count never broke 200 despite being full almost all night.

Yeah I think something is going on. Last night I was in cherno where things seemed to be spawning fine. Got killed by some bandits. spawned near elektro went in to the city. saw maybe 2-3 zombies checked the church' date=' fire station, school, nothing but some Alice packs. Made my way to Cherno zombies everywhere got plenty of loot. So it seems like certain cities aren't spawning zombies like they should. I ran into at least 1-3 survivors at Elektro so I know it's not a lack of players causing them to not spawn.

from about 8-11 PM on Chicago 3 server the zombie count never broke 200 despite being full almost all night.

[/quote']

Chi 1 didnt break 200 either. I assumed it was related to hacking of some sort.

Two of us spent an hour just running around Elektro the other night. Saw maybe a half dozen other survivors in town during that time too. Gear wasn't respawning and once the first dozen or so zombies were killed no more seemed to be spawning either... or if they did it was like one or two every half hour.

I remember when you would see that zombie counter spike over 1000+ fairly often! Now THAT was DayZ!

Would be cool to have a dev reply to this to clear things up.

I think you guys are doing an awesome job and the community appreciates all the work you are putting into this mod, for FREE! It's not an entitlement issue, I think people are just wondering what's really going on. Also, if there's anything the community can do to help/test for bugs like this specifically, I know I am more than willing to help out.

Hell I'm even considering renting a server out to help alleviate the overflow of players.

Let us know what you can! Thank you.

Would be cool to have a dev reply to this to clear things up.

Definitely.

Was at the NW Airfield the other day when it was night at the zombie count was around 100. Seemed pretty safe but all of a sudden when I was about to leave 50 zombies spawned at once right next to me and I nearly died if my friends didn't save me.

this is annoying, seen it on every server i joined, 80~ zeds and almost no loot except some random places which seemed to have unproportional amount of loot(like someone already stated in this thread).

Yeah, just got off because I can't play with a 100 zombie count and no loot spawns. Hopefully it's fixed by the weekend so my clan and I can get back to killing some zombies and taking some risks.

It definitely is changing the vibe. It seems like a lot more people are hunting other people rather than loot.

70 zombies on EU5 tonight at 11.40 GMT. I know server restarts et al... but hope its fixed in the next patch.

I typically dont mind when i get killed, even if i had an akm, map and pretty much every other item/supply but when i re-spawn and go around 5 to 6 different towns and find loot that consists of 80% empty cans/bottles and a few makarov mags it gets annoying.

This is a big mod with a lot of interest so problems like this are bound to happen but this one in particular pretty much ruins the whole mod, hope it gets fixed soon!

He might have... or still might? I'm not sure. Some of the threads I've been reading today seem to imply that the current state of the mod requires relatively frequent server restarts (3-4 hours or something like that) to prevent this from happening. Many of the servers aren't doing this or giving the devs the needed files to make it happen remotely either.

It's definitely a bug with the latest patch eh.

Freshly restarted servers are still suffering from low spawns.

I started off in one that was in the creating stage, 5mins later it's now at max player capacity, 30mins later and the zombie count is still around 150.

Yep still definitely happening. Was just on Chicago 5 joined right at server restart. Game worked fine with 60 players (zombie level was about 700, plenty of loot).

About 2.5 hours into the server zombie levels start dropping considerably. Walking through empty towns, no zombies no loot.

Inb4 it's a week long "community disposition test" and it turns out this mod was designed as the basis for someones thesis.