Sign in to follow this  
Widrea

Six launcher....

:@ Ok its nice and all that this launcher lets me manage my Arma2 stuff really easily but when i get on and its decided to update me without my consent and then i have to wait through the only part of the day i can play because i wont have a server to play on today im 1.7.1.3 the second it comes out.... no one else is. I have 4 Russian servers my American ass cant connect to due to lag and by the time i find one i CAN connect to i dont have the time to enjoy myself anymore can i be you know asked before something starts fucking with my PC? just a thought? :idea: You could get around that by making some official dayz servers that are always up to date but somehow i dont see that.. Either that or updates could be not forced on us when we arnt in a position to make use of them.

While I'm not a fan of six launcher, it sounds like your complaint is more directed to the rate of patch releases in the last couple days. To which case, tough boobies.

On the topic of the six launcher, I personally think it is really bulky for what it is. Why does it need a server selection function? We can do that in game, and the one in game is much more responsive. I prefer Worrom's updater, lean and simple, but its patch mirrors seem really slow to download from.

It sounds more to me, that you complain due to the fact that your internet speeds suck.

After Six Launcher updates your game, you can still use the original server browser in-game.

its not based on the rate of patch... its based on me not wanting to spend a couple hours waiting for a good server to update then 2 more hours waiting for a new one that me and my buddies can play on you should try reading once in awhile instead of looking at key words and misinterpreting...

It sounds more to me' date=' that you complain due to the fact that your internet speeds suck.

[/quote']

Me? No sir, I'm running 40mbps. I just think the Six Updater software has a lot of bulk. It was a personal opinion.

its not based on the rate of patch... its based on me not wanting to spend a couple hours waiting for a good server to update then 2 more hours waiting for a new one that me and my buddies can play on you should try reading once in awhile instead of looking at key words and misinterpreting...

All of which tied directly to the rate of patch releases. That sounds to be exactly what you're disgruntled about.

you have any reading impairments? my WHOLE post was about forced updates dumbshit all i want is to be ASKED before and update is forced on my computer

you have any reading impairments? my WHOLE post was about forced updates dumbshit all i want is to be ASKED before and update is forced on my computer

You don't have to degrade yourself with personal insults. You are forced to update, because there was an update. I don't understand why getting the update is bothering you so much.

And the forced updates are directly due to there being a lot of updates recently, which is ultimately a good thing.

Seems more like you have a writing (or social) impairment. Please, do look up what concepts like "punctuation", "sentence", "not being a dumbshit" mean, before being a dumbshit (your exact words) to others.

If you really wanted some support or suggest something to makers of SixLauncher, you would have probably a better chance using search functions here in the forums, replying to the official stickied SixLauncher thread with a polite question / suggestion and not spamming the forums with yet another worthless thread .

I'm with you buddy.

Today, it uploaded my DayZ to 1.7.1.4... and, there are like.. 3 servers with this patch... all of them were full.

And... Running the game throught Steam was waaayyy better, you can see your friends online, acess Facebook while playing, etc etc (my point of view).

Cya~

Also, OP, you use an automatic updater to update to the latest version, and then you complain that it updated you to the latest version and you can't play on the servers that didn't update yet?

*facepalm*