fubar_in_pittsburgh

the instruction at 0x00000000 the memory could not be written?

This often happens when your memory sticks die.

I appreciate your willingness to help but reading the thread before giving advice is a good idea.

I uninstalled as many programs as I could, still no dice. At first it'll connect and I can play for a few minutes but eventually crashes with that error.

I am going to wipe my system drive and reinstall Windows today. I'll post to let everyone know how it goes.

Hey, i think you dont need to do that. Many People having this Problem with DayZ/ArmA2. I cant play DayZ and Wasteland. It crashs with the same Error. I think our Systema are all fine. But sadly i dont know wtf is going on. .-( Oh and i have the "bad serial number was given in setup" Problem. Is there a fix for it?

Edited by Kero81

I formatted my system today and decided to install the copy of Windows 8 I had kicking around. So far so good, DayZ started right up and I played for a while with no issues.

I believe it likely is some sort of weird system issue, whether user-caused or not. I could be wrong but formatting seems to have worked for me anyway...

I formatted my system today and decided to install the copy of Windows 8 I had kicking around. So far so good, DayZ started right up and I played for a while with no issues.

I believe it likely is some sort of weird system issue, whether user-caused or not. I could be wrong but formatting seems to have worked for me anyway...

It might be related to some hidden malware that caused problems with the latest BE Client changes, but I'm not sure yet. I'm willing to investigate the cause of this error via TeamViewer, so feel free to PM me if you have this problem and want to help me there.

Hey guys i started having this problem since yesterday along with the "kicked by corrupted data #5"

So i was using windows 8 and the game had been fine until yesterday. I Reinstalled and changed to windows 7, the problem is still here, i only have updates and drivers installed and nothing seems to make the game work, i believe it may be related to the corrupted data or something like that, but reinstalling windows did 0 changes.

Do you guys use some sort of monitoring GPU/CPU temps and stuff like that?

Edited by Fabio A.

Well I was using MSI afterburner to monitor the temps on the screen and now I tried the game without the MSI and core temp and it actually worked with 0 crashes so far, so you guys might try that.

RTSS.exe crashes Battlefield 3 as well so i figured that might do a thing if you dont run it.

Anymore updates to this? I'm having the same problem and have yet to fix it :/

Start > Control Panel > System > Advanced > Performance Settings > Data Execution Prevention

Select "Turn on DEP for all programs and services except for those I select"

And add

ArmA2: Operation Arrowhead

to the list.

Start > Control Panel > System > Advanced > Performance Settings > Data Execution Prevention

Select "Turn on DEP for all programs and services except for those I select"

And add

ArmA2: Operation Arrowhead

to the list.

I just tried this and got an alert saying "This program must run with data execution protection (DEP) enabled. You cannot turn off DEP for this program."

The exact directory I selected was Steam/SteamApps/common/Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead/ ArmA2OA application

I just tried this and got an alert saying "This program must run with data execution protection (DEP) enabled. You cannot turn off DEP for this program."

The exact directory I selected was Steam/SteamApps/common/Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead/ ArmA2OA application

I got this as well. Anyone know how to fix this problem? I'm getting pissed.

Reinstalled Arma 2 OA and now I'm getting this

Addon 'CAAir_BAF' requires addon 'CAWeapons_E'

Uninstalled Arma 2, OA, and DayZ. No longer getting the weapon error message. Still getting the 0x00000000 the memory could not be written message.

Uninstalled Arma 2, OA, and DayZ. No longer getting the weapon error message. Still getting the 0x00000000 the memory could not be written message.

Are you using the GameTracker Lite Client (according to your signature that could very well be the case)? If so, please disable it while playing. When investigating with another user I found that this program causes this very error.

Are you using the GameTracker Lite Client (according to your signature that could very well be the case)? If so, please disable it while playing. When investigating with another user I found that this program causes this very error.

This might be the cause, before I formatted I was using the GT Lite client.

it looks like your arma 2 registry file is battleing it out with the adobe registry files... lol, this is a war inside a computer.

I have the same problem.

Application popup: Windows - Application Error : The instruction at 0x67d9cc97 referenced memory at 0x00000000. The memory could not be read.

Click on OK to terminate the program

Tried reinstalling and hours of searching for a fix. Seems to be a new issue. Arma crashes after a few minutes of play

i72600k

GTX680

p67 sabertooth

16 GB ram

Win 7 64 prem Home

Problem has stopped for now. Turned off TS3 overlay plugin in an attempt to debug the issue...Battleye updated to 1.198 shortly after in the middle of playing. No crash since then. Not sure what did it. I feel bad for some that reinstalled windows or bought new ram sticks and no luck. I was about to do both...

i have the same problem  the instruction at 0x00abe263 referenced memory at 0x000000  the memory could not be read  :facepalm: 

Yea, I just bought this game and installed it. For my first experience with this game I get this error :/ "the instructin at 0x00cf2ea6 referenced memory at 0x0000000. The memory could not be written. Click on OK to terminate the program". Please I really want to enjoy and experience this game, but so far all i've experience is this bs. If any one knows how to fix this error that would be a great help. 

Yeeeha, same here guys. No changes made on my PC, only a Java Update. Meeh...

i didn't know what you meant, but i updated java and it works now.

could be coincedence, i don't really know but to all people with problems, update java it might work.

I was curious about this error i only get it when i close the game i don't get any issues during game play just thought i'd say :beans: