Sign in to follow this  
karatekids300

Different spawns and spawning as different sized people

Hey guys! :D

I was just wondering, wouldn't it be cool if you could spawn anywhere on the map? instead of just on the coast all the time? And in the SA i would love to see a different player spawn system so you could spawn as a fat guy and not run as fast as other people or you could spawn as a skinny person or muscly person and each person has different abilities.

Of course there could be problems with this, with people killing themselves until they get the muscly player >:( or the one they prefer but maybe they could make it so the fat player has better aim with a gun or something like that :o and the muscly person has worse aim but he can carry more loot because he's stronger B) . Also you know how they have the male or female option at the beginning of a server to choose your gender people could choose if they want to be skinny, fat or muscly. And it could be like difficulty settings, perhaps if you want to play the game more hardcore you'd play as the fat guy because hes at a disadvantage..

So yeah i just thought this would be cool because on DayZ everyone looks the same apart from there faces unless they've got camo so it would just make more variation and make people look better however i do know there adding in clothes to standalone so perhaps that will make people look more different.

Thank you for your time! :lol:

No, this puts players at an advantage/disadvantage and the only advantage a player should get is a tactical advantage not a faster character. I also don't like the way you say fat people are at a disadvantage like running. Hey, i'm a bit chubby but I'm probably one of the fastest in my school. (I'm sure you didn't mean to cause offence but just think before posting).

Edited by BwobBwub
  • Like 4

Plus getting a North spawn would just make it no challenge. Elektro and Cherno are fuckfests of people trying to gear up fast and get to the safe ol' North. But if you get a NWAF spawn, you can get an endgame loadout in minutes.

There is no advantage to being fat. Ever.

If you entered a competition to win your weight in gold it would definitely be advantageous if you were a fatty.

__

The idea isn't good though, the good thing about DayZ is that it's meant to be down to individual skill, not how long you've played (although it will play a factor), adding more RNG doesn't make it any better.

• Like 1

I see what you mean, and I like it. Hear me out people.

How about a spawn in the outback. No further than 1/4 north. It would be at a farm or a cabin and you would have no map or compass. Only a watch. This way only good players know which direction they are facing and chances are others will run south by mistake?

I do not like those ideas, If they do add some kind of progression system it should only provide miniscule perks like in LoL

No, this puts players at an advantage/disadvantage and the only advantage a player should get is a tactical advantage not a faster character. I also don't like the way you say fat people are at a disadvantage like running. Hey, i'm a bit chubby but I'm probably one of the fastest in my school. (I'm sure you didn't mean to cause offence but just think before posting).

Are the rest of your class morbidly obese?

No from me, OP.

People will kill themselves until they get a muscly character that spawns at the NWAF.

The fastest rugby player at my school is pretty damn bug on da belly.

Speed has more to do with muscle, stamina has more to do with how light you are.

Compare for example a endurance runner to Mr bolt, there is a big difference.

There is no advantage to being fat. Ever.

I watched some fat guy with three friends be the only one not going to the hospital after getting shot by several people with small caliber pistols. The bullets literally bounced off his khakis but went through his friends'. It might help during famine as well. 

As for OP, you can edit spawns in the mod fairly easily but without some sort of script that keeps people from respawning more than once or twice a half hour you would have everyone killing themselves to get to the good spawns. I've been guilty myself of jumping off the lighthouse.