Sign in to follow this  
poxyz

New DayZ Map Idea?

I was wondering if anyone has attempted to make the WarZ Colorado map in DayZ, would this be a good idea? I dont really want an argument about the games, just wondering if this is something worth trying.

I wouldnt want to see it as a replica of something "They" created. I would however like to see a map that is similar to Colorado, US with english signs and what not.

I wouldnt want to see it as a replica of something "They" created. I would however like to see a map that is similar to Colorado, US with english signs and what not.

I am looking at the terrain builder and 3d map editor and it wouldnt be hard to make something similar. Alot of people like the Colorado map and there are tons of woods to hide a small camp ;)

I think there has been enough new maps lately actually.. i wont even play on the new ones now because im a bit bored of the vanilla mod in general, mostly only play origins now. I find that interesting to finally have an endgame.

So. its not enough to just build a new map, noone will play it unless it has new content.

I like the idea of a map based in Colorado but TBH the WarZ one is very badly designed and way too small.

Edited by Fraggle
  • Like 3

Very true about the size, the map I had in mind would be based off there map but not identical.

not identical.

that doesnt even begin to cover the changes lol.

I wish level creating for arma would same easy as it was with the sandbox2 for crysis!Then i would blow your minds with my map ideas....

Would be cool for MOD but I'm not sure how it would fit in to SA lore.

I don't know what the Colorado map from WarZ is like, but I'd like to see a map with one huge (like 1/4 of the map) city and the rest just woodland or general hiding spots.

Would love to see a Silent Hill themed map, for those of you who are familiar with that. I know fog is thick there, it should be depending on weather cycle, but higher chance of fog than normal.

Yeah, Pennsylvania or Colorado map would be a nice addition, but a WarZ replica map is not wanted at all on my part.

We can't have DayZ maps of American cities as players couldn't tell the zombies from the local survivors..

• Like 1