I really need to start playing a little more aggressive. 98% of the people I meet shoot me straight away. The only people I've met who are friendly are fresh spawns who have no weapon. I try to avoid players or give them a chance and then bam, I'm dead. Problem is I'm horrible in combat at this game, I don't want to play as a bandit but maybe I should. I need to be able to defend myself seeing that everyone else is trying to kill me. Either way I think I may need to switch up my play style a bit.

A new bandit to slaughter?

ya9pS.gif

Edited by GOD™
  • Like 3

What exactly do you do when you try to make contact with another player? Run around in front of them yelling "friendly" with no cover? It's very possible to be friendly with people, but you can't let yourself be such an easy kill, or act threatening in any way. A lot of average players do want to make that contact, but as you are thinking right now, are too afraid of getting KoS'd, so if they get a chance to kill you and survive, they will probably take it instead of the risk of dying.

Just create a situation where you can make contact and start talking with them, if they don't, then you can do what you will.

Try to make contact early before they see you, from behind cover. If you both have a microphone it's a lot easier to talk and in my experiences players that talk with mic usually don't try to kill me (probably because you both know one of you won't shoot the other while typing). It's the quiet ones that stay silent that you should worry about.

Also I think if you try to make friends with someone who has nothing to lose or you have better stuff than them then there's more of a chance they will try to kill you, because if they spawned 5 minutes ago and found a winchester it's worth the gamble to try and kill you.

Well unfortunatly I am now drawn to shoot on sight as its just to risky...

But on the other hand that is about 50% of the game being able to run up to a guy and say Hi

I've met a guy on there and we talk everyday now and are the best team if

you want the best advice Find someone to play with

or find someone looking for someone

The game gets a hella lot better

shoot everyone.

• Like 2

Just use your best "girl's voice" while remaining safely under cover. I've seen those TanteTerror videos she makes and it works. Except, of course she actually is a female and presumably has more practice.

Problem is I'm horrible in combat at this game, I don't want to play as a bandit but maybe I should. I need to be able to defend myself seeing that everyone else is trying to kill me. Either way I think I may need to switch up my play style a bit.

Don't be forced into changing your play-style because of others. Don't follow the crowd like a sheep.

There are nice guys out there, but because DayZ is morphing into an FPS game filled with combat loggers, it's not currently played how it ought to be played. Shame really.

Don't initiate direct comms with another player until you have them exactly where you want them.

- You are behind them with a weapon aimed at them and can kill them instantly if they start to turn around.

- You are in cover and they aren't.

- You are certain they don't have friends close by.

If you're running towards other players and you are clearly armed, it doesn't matter whether you shout "I'm friendly!" over DC or not; you're going to get shot 90% of the time.

If i spotted him first, i say: Don't move, or i shoot.

If he moves, i kill, if he stays still, i ask him to place weapon on the ground, and when he does it, i talk with him =)

@trexeth: I thought, and was hoping, you'd end that last sentence as "...I ask him to place weapon on the ground, and when he does it, I SHOOT HIM!“ While laughing in direct chat.

No, of course we'd never do that... ...ahem...

if you want to practice pvp, boot up arma 2

Dude. Everyone wants to kill you out there MANN! Fight back, the only way you can learn to get good at combat is practice. So Shoot everything that moves!

Best way to meet friendlies is to come on the forum, ask somebody to babysit you and go out on a rampage of zombie and player killing. I have indeed met some people in-game who were friendly, partially because they had a serious lack of weaponry and I was kitted out enough to look like a threat. These sorts of people can be difficult to gauge. They might only be nice until they get their hands on something nice and then kill you when you're not looking. Or, if you're lucky, they're nice enough to give you a get-out-of-jail-free card once they get their hands on a weapon. Whatever the case may be - I found it very, very near impossible to have a long-lasting camaraderie with anybody beyond people in TeamSpeak, Vent and Skype.

- MONSTER

Don't initiate direct comms with another player until you have them exactly where you want them.

- You are behind them with a weapon aimed at them and can kill them instantly if they start to turn around.

- You are in cover and they aren't.

- You are certain they don't have friends close by.

If you're running towards other players and you are clearly armed, it doesn't matter whether you shout "I'm friendly!" over DC or not; you're going to get shot 90% of the time.

This is probably your problem, you have to approach everyone as if they will shoot you the first look of you they get. If you can't get behind somebody or behind cover next to them, its probably not a good idea to engage communications.