Sign in to follow this  
kurtino

1.7.1.1 too 1.7.1.2, Sound is gone?

My friend updated his game too 1.7.1.1 and lost his sound and now I've updated my game too 1.7.1.2 and I get no sound in game.

I get normal ARMA 2 sounds, like accessing menu's etc but in game there is no game play sound...no footsteps no music nothing at all.

Updated the game through Six Updater as well...

when i first updated the game with 6 launcher to 1.7.1 i got the invisible character bug, safe to say i'm waiting a few days before i update it again. btw my game's fixed now, my point is that it could be a problem with 6 updater

The same for me. I also had these problems after the 1.7.1. release for the first hours. I figured out that it seems to be linked to the server version.

After joining the server with no sound I can see a text right in the middle of the screen but very transparent and therefore hard to see saying that the server is running 1.7.1.1 and I am using 1.7.1.2.

This is strange because the server I was trying are always named with the Version number 1.7.1.2 in the name. Following this for me there are two possibilities:

A bug

Or some server admins making jokes by naming their servers with the wrong version.

I can not imagine the last one.

As the game is at the moment, it is unplayable.

I also do not have the Debug monitor at the side, as well as sound being gone.

same shit happened to me with the last 1.7.1.5 patch + new oa beta patch. Sound is gone. wtf

How did you resolve this????

same shit happened to me with the last 1.7.1.5 patch + new oa beta patch. Sound is gone. wtf

How did you resolve this????

Same problem here...

However it seemed that the server was running an older version of DayZ (1.7.1.4, while I used 1.7.1.5).

Besides the missing sound and debug monitor, I also noticed that zeds didn't spawn around me or even loot.

Eg. I was walking through a town and didn't see any zombies nor did they spawn. Every "known" loot spot was empty too.

When I walked towards a small village, I saw another survivor in front of me. The moment he walked near the village I could see the zeds spawn and loot became available.

The other survivor died by zeds (I did bury him) and I finished off all the remaining zeds. Although it became a ghost town again, since no zeds respawned...