I feel like the zombies need tweaking, their AI is rather poor actually, they are just too fast sometimes it feels like they are skating on ice so why not take examples for fast running zombies from L4D series? They are really nicely balanced to that point.

Also the zigzag thing they are doing is just too annoying, it just makes no logic of "realism" whatsoever, they are brain dead without fear of guns ...

Maybe this could do some reworking as it is actual core of the game, zombies. So please take care of the core gameplay instead of side features such as cold and infection and such.

why don't you get infected by an apocalyptic virus that makes you nearly undead, then tell us how easy it is to run in a straight line.

Over suggested and something that cannot be fixed without heavy programming to the core of ARMA 2's engine script.

Wait for ARMA 3 or if they make it into it's own game, until then there are just issues with the AI path finding that can't be fixed.

They are fast cause they have to stop to hit ;)

witch is a arma engine issue and will need a good amount of time to work out

the real issue with the zombies is that they are STUPID, and when I say stupid I mean even stupid for a zombie!

yesterday a zombie saw me and chased me, I went behind a wall and it stop..

I'm sure it would have enough brains left to at least search the area...

Well thanks for kind replay's, i kinda got a idea of ARMA2's codding boundaries. But is there no real way AI can be upgraded by certain degree? I mean as Bullfrog said zombies are even dumb for zombies... Are dev's trying to find some solution?

Its alpha you got to remember that and its a mod not a standalone game. Sure they could go in and do some major changes to the AI but that would take some heavy coding and a long time. Right now they are trying out things that would improve the game but are minor fixes that can be coded pretty easily with the current engine. I'm sure if or I should say when this turns into a standalone game they will decoded everything including the AI but for now that just isn't possible.

You know, I'm a big believer in Rocket's words (see basically anything I've posted on these forums for proof of that) but I played the Chernarus Apocalypse map (which isn't even a full mod) and the zombies there run at players in straight lines. And they're terrifying and dangerous as fuck. I live way longer in DayZ than I do in CA.

I don't know if it actually is an engine restriction. Maybe it's something Rocket's doing to make the game harder? I'd prefer them to run in straight lines, personally. Makes them more animalistic, brainless, and in some cases, much more dangerous.