Langford

24Hr Charity Dayz Marathon

Segaford (Me) and my friends from numerous communities are hosting a 24 Hour DayZ Charity Survival Marathon!

Date: 30th June 2012 Time: 1000-EDT 1400-UTC 1500-BST 1600-CEST

We will be Raising Money for Three Charities, and All money Raised goes Directly to the charities! You decide who gets your Money! We are using Justgiving.co.uk - which accepts all major credit/debit cards as well as paypal.

The Three Charities we are Raising money for are Computer Aid International, Diabetes UK, and Water Aid International.

We Will all be streaming via twitch.tv, our individual channels, as well as all channels officially apart of the stream team will have their streams embedded on the DayZ Marathon Site, http://www.segaford.co.uk/dayzmarathon/

We aim to raise as much money as possible, as it is all for charity!

We will be doing different events during the night. Different events can be prior to the event by the DayZ community via this thread. Challenges can also be set live during the stream via chats of the stream.

If there is any information you need or would like to participate either by streaming or just playing then please don't hesitate to let me know.

Thanks For your support for the marathon and for the Charities.

Sorry forgot to add the date and time in the initial Post , My bad :(

Updated Now :)

Oh i forgot to mention, Big event planned for the final few hours of the marathon! cant say much, but its not something your going to want to miss :)

Yeh we have several goals (ingame) for the marathon :) also thanks for the support, teh more support we get hopefully the more we raise for charity :)

Small Update: We will have a server for the event, Thanks to the awesome guys at VudooHosting. Also we are in the final stages of prep for the event, with team leaders being picked, and teams being set up. We have a number of challenges set already for the marathon, and don't forget you can set us more, by posting here and on the chat on any of the streams :)

Thanks again for all the support you have given us and the charities we are supporting during this event.

I'd like to see proof you actually donating it to charity.

Ps, I bet you wont be giving the money you get from views to charity.

I'd like to see proof you actually donating it to charity.

Ps' date=' I bet you wont be giving the money you get from views to charity.

[/quote']

Well i am not a partner with twitch, so i don't get paid for streaming i do it all for charity!

Also the donations go through JustGiving, a charity site, which charities have to register for! check all the websites, donate yourself, check the justgiving terms of service! theres your proof!

ETA - 6Hrs to start!

I am very excited, im going to enjoy doing this marathon, and i hope that you will to!

Also Teams for everyone involved have been set, and there will be space of the server for members of the community to join, to play as you like, either to ask to join one of the teams (if there is space, set member numbers) or to play the role of a bandit or keep to yourself and try and survive alone!

the server will be announced 2hrs before the marathon starts, and will be locked until it starts!

ETA - 2 Hours Till marathon start!

Which means the name of the server is ....

DayZ - US 2 Dallas (1.7.1.5/Beta 94364) [Veteran][GMT-5] dayzmod.com - hosted by VudooHosting.com

Thanks again to VudooHosting.com for the server for the marathon.

Server will remain locked until the start of the marathon.

Thanks again for all the support you have given us and the charities we are supporting during this event.