Sign in to follow this  
mrme

DayZ night sound

Hey, I'v been watching DayZ videos by FRANKIE if you have heard of him, and I'v noticed when he does a night time gameplay, I hear spooky music. When I play at night I don't hear it. Is there a setting or something to change it or is it just added sound by Frankie to make his night time gameplay more interest. Thanks

P.S, Frankie FTW

Edited by starwarsrulz

Oh no you didn't!!!!

Anyhoo, I've not seen his vids but I'd imagine he either has the in-game music on (use the option menu) or he's added it himself in post-editing.

Hey, I'v been watching DayZ videos by FRANKIE if you have heard of him, and I'v noticed when he does a night time gameplay, I hear spooky music. When I play at night I don't hear it. Is there a setting or something to change it or is it just added sound by Frankie to make his night time gameplay more interest. Thanks

P.S, Frankie FTW

Its the ingame music, if u dont hear it just turn the sound up :thumbsup:

Oh, XD, I turned music off, is that the cause?

DO NOT MENTION HIS NAME ROUND HERE!

It's in game music. But seriously this thread could get derailed really quickly

I'll just place this large metal bar on the train tracks and......

let the derailing begin.

To be fair, he did make me love Dayz because noone else had any entertaining vids up at the time.

I have the music on high and I don't hear the spooky soundtrack, just the default music. On day and night.

Well, I'd imagine he's embelished his vids with some atmosphere then if it's not the music you're after.

TBH, from a tactical point of view BG music will stop you being able to hear distant gunfire, nearby players ect. but it's up to the individual.

Ok, thanks for the help, I appreciate it :D

I have a love/hate relationship for the background music. It is completely random and non-event triggered, and that does raise the fright/stress value of the game but the music also gets in the way of hearing crucial cue sounds (like the footsteps of a bandit coming up the stairs to kill you). Though, I like the b.g. music for its DayZ feeling. Probably better for non-PvP gameplay.

I play with the music off. Instead, I've got Milkshake on an infinite loop in the background. Every time I run in to a player I'm like "yeah, my milkshake brought you to this yard".

I'm gangsta like that.

• Like 1

XD, that would be a good song to use.

Edited by starwarsrulz

no its not ingame, the music he plays during nights is from doom 3, he also uses the music in his minecraft (bambicraft) series ;) so its just post-edited music, not from dayz

By the sounds of it, he probably adds it into the background during post-editing. 

no its not ingame, the music he plays during nights is from doom 3, he also uses the music in his minecraft (bambicraft) series wink.png so its just post-edited music, not from dayz

Did you ever figure out what track it was from doom 3? 

Did you ever figure out what track it was from doom 3? 

No, I have never searched for it.

The hacks frankies got plays the music. Just kidding, you can either add the music in game via the audio option

Escape -> Audio -> Music

Or what I like to do is listen to this on repeat