Sign in to follow this  
newguy (DayZ)

[HELP] My game is freezing so much.

Hey guys.

Could someone help me?

I was trying to play after this update, but couldn't. Before the update, my game runs well, but now, the game is freezing so much. Is not lag or something like that. The game freeze about 3 seconds, and after this, returns. But, I can't play for 1 minute, the game freeze again, and don't stop to freeze... So, it turns the game impossible to play. I tried to turn the graphics from high to low, but didn't work.

My PC isn't very good, but I think that can run's Arma 2 well.

Ge Force 9600 GT - 4GB Ram - Core 2 Duo 7600.

The game was running well, but now, it's impossible to play. Could someone help? I don't care about graphics, I just wanna play. =)

So, I want to otimize my game, to run well, the graphics aren't important. If someone can help me, I'll grateful.

Thks guys!

this happens to me too. I just updated to 1.7.1.2 last night and about every 1 or 2 minutes i get a freeze for about 15-30 seconds. I thought my connection was doo-doo but when i was getting chased by Zombies, they made no progress when it froze. I assume if it was my connection, as i froze they would gain ground. agreed though... very hard to maintain play while this is happening.

although...

I'm going to update to 1.7.1.4 tonight (praying there's a descent amount of servers) and hope that works.

Hi guys, I'm a noob and i asked this same question yesterday and you know what?

No body helped. So i hope this helps you guys, because it seem to have fixed the issue for me.

Now before you try what i did, try this first: Once you have connected to your server and the game has started, alt+tab back to windows and close Six Launcher down. Now go back to the game and see if its stopped.

If that doesn't work, here's everything i did:

Download and install this beta patch: http://www.arma2.com/beta-patch.php

It will say something about having to reinstall whole game just to remove this beta.. i risked it, it was worth it.

Once installed, there will be a shortcut in your "C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead" dir called "Launch Arma2 OA Beta Patch".

Right click on this shortcut and go to properties, and where it says "Target:", add this to the end (without the quotation marks): "-mod=@dayz".

Now run it and see if you can start a multiplayer game and connect to the DayZ servers that are listed. Be sure to select servers running the latest version, as the old servers are not compatible.

Also, another thing i did, was start ARMA OA by itself, and go into the expansions menu and activate DayZ in there.

I used this thread to help my issues, there may be more info here if you need it:

http://dayzmod.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=14367

Anyway, these are all the things i did and now i don't have the pausing issue.

Hope it helps, cause it was annoying me so much i was just about ready to smash something! :-)