Sign in to follow this  
Valrak (DayZ)

Server Locking

I was going to rent a server. But this is really a deal breaker for me. The fact that people have an unfair advantage by getting better loot or something is hogwosh. Especially since most people jump from server to server and farm the "good loot" from barracks. So saying that locking a server is unfair in that regard makes absolutely no sense.

Furthermore it would be nice to play in a server where I wouldnt have to worry about hackers. Guess what people, there are quite a few different hack communities exploiting this beautiful online gem already. I find it quite unfair that we cannot even have the choice to avoid this negative online element. It sucks that I can't play this privately with friends and family exclusively. It would bring out a whole new dimension of fun to this game to not have to worry about glitchers and hackers around every corner.

We understand that the developers of this amazing mod have a vision of an open world; one that they are trying to maintain by enforcing this scenario via open server policy, but at what cost does this have to come?

Having private online servers may change how cautious players may or may not be, but it could also provides a completely different type of world and environment which many of us more casual and mature gamers can appreciate.

I was going to rent a server. But this is really a deal breaker for me. The fact that people have an unfair advantage by getting better loot or something is hogwosh. Especially since most people jump from server to server and farm the "good loot" from barracks. So saying that locking a server is unfair in that regard makes absolutely no sense.

Furthermore it would be nice to play in a server where I wouldnt have to worry about hackers. Guess what people' date=' there are quite a few different hack communities exploiting this beautiful online gem already. I find it quite unfair that we cannot even have the choice to avoid this negative online element. It sucks that I can't play this privately with friends and family exclusively. It would bring out a whole new dimension of fun to this game to not have to worry about glitchers and hackers around every corner.

[/quote']

I think he should allow it. Sure, have a locked server. But anyone who plays there is locked to that server and you're not allowed to play anywhere else, that's the only way to make it fair.

Don't like it? Second Life & Garrys Mod are that way

Whatever, Francis. Then don't rent a server. We have plenty.

If you don't immediately admit that the ability to go to a safe haven and farm all day long for whatever loot and survival gear you could ever possibly desire and then take that gear to other servers is a game-breaking imbalance, then you are willfully ignorant or hopelessly stupid. Maybe a combination of the two.

I get the idea that those who host servers love the game enough to do so and/or appreciate getting their clan/orgs name out as supporting the mod and its development.

If you do not support the mod enough to follow the rules and want your own private experience, your hosting is not needed. If you do not believe the experience Day Z is supposed to give is the preferable experience, then it's not the game for you or you have some suggestion threads to make.

I do not host a server, but am thankful to those that do.