RunLikeHell

Loot 'injected' by server. Is this common?

Hi,

I noticed that a public hive server UK 355 is injecting gear to players. I have had this happen

to me twice.

While I don't mind getting DMR, NVG, GPS, silenced M9 and all sorts of medical

supplies and tools, it kind of spoils the spirit of the game.

Is this common? Should this not happen only in those crazy private hives with hundreds

of vechiles etc..?

I know I joined dayz quite late in the game, but for sure there must be

players / servers out there that play the game like it was in the good ol days?

RLH

By inject do you mean on spawn, or your gear changed while you were out doing your thing? Last I remember public servers weren't allowed to change the spawn gear, and if the admin is just giving gear away, they're abusing their power since it's on public. Unfortunately public hive isn't policed for admin abuse anymore.

I do know that sometimes a server will show up as public hive but actually be a private server for whatever reason, so this could be the case. That or hackers could be messing with things. Regardless, I wouldn't recommend playing on that server anymore.

The loot miraculously appeared on my gear. I believe it was public, because I could log onto

another server with the same char. Neither server had the "private hive" tag in DayZ Commander.

And I had still had the gear.

Too bad. I guess I'll have to avoid that server from now on...

Still I don't mind too much though... Thanks to some fiendishly hard settings on the latter server,

I managed to get killed by a single zombie breaking a leg, passing out and getting eaten alive when trying to enter

hospital.

So much for getting 'God-Mode' gear and being invincible :D

Edited by RunLikeHell

My boyfriend will help a new player out not by giving him op stuff but he does get him some meds maybe a gun or something to start off with. However we do have bandits on our server now, more then before lol so you do have a chance of dying either way. Your welcome to join our server and play. We are a private hive but we do have additional anti hacker protection, something called TSW :) The Silent Warrior or something it is pretty good tho.