judge@manx.net

Help needed: To light up my server

Hi,

I’ve just rented a Private Hive server for a month. I’m trialling a 24hr full-moon environment - night time is my favourite - and wondered if anyone could give me some pointers with regard to lighting.

Specifically, I don’t want streetlights at this point, but I was playing around with the Arma II editor and found that searchlights can make some landmarks look pretty epic in the moonlight.

Does anyone have any experience of these searchlights in DayZ? Is it even possible?

Ok, I'm not going to even read the OP, because I know your problem and I know how to fix it.

What you need to do is get John Cofay from the Green Mile, kill a whole bunch of rabbits, then get him to bring them back to life. The resulting charge of life from the miracle will generate enough light to blind 15 elephants and a monkey. Just one monkey.

Then of course, all you need to do is repeat the cycle infinitely.

Edit: Ok, I actually did read the OP and all that, even before I wrote that. IDK if you can put searchlights in DayZ, but I think you can add light elements with coding.

• Like 1

Look into rMod with dayz. you should be able to add light sources to map with rmod (streetlights or other lighting) although im not sure.