Sign in to follow this  
Blay Wayne

Give me my stuff back.

This is the third time I've been moved to the debug forest or plains and been instantly shot in the back by some mong

and this is after losing my stuff twice randomly to 1.7.1.2

yes it's an alpha. now give me back my:

DMR

m4a3 cco

ghillie suit

gps

hunting gear

m1911

I understand the frustration as I have lost some pretty awesome gear in similar situations but I have never heard of anyone getting their stuff back and I wouldn't hold my breath...

Not going to happen

"Character or Equipment resets are no longer done by the dev team. In most cases teleportation is due to running out of date files when triggering certain events in game. Always ensure you check to you have the latest DayZ files AND the latest beta patch for Operation Arrowhead before logging in to prevent issues."

well considering the massive fuckup that has been 1.7.1 and the hotfixes after that, maybe now would be a good time to start restoring equipment again

the whole beta OA excuse doesn't hold up anymore either. I've always used it, and now it's mandatory

a quick synopsis of this thread:

OP- I WANT MAI STUFFS BACK

Forum- a system in which people can simply ask for and receive gear is deeply flawed and highly exploitable. as well as this game is in alpha.

OP- I DONT GIVE NO SHITS!@!#!#! STUFFS BACK PLEASE!

Forum- We already told you the problems with allowing people to just get their items back.

OP- NO! I WANT MAI STUFFS!!!!!!shiftone111

pretty accurate right?

I concur with the above statement. Even if you guys were granted readmission to items, many others would look at this as a free gimmick for quick and easy items.

Forum- a system in which people can simply ask for and receive gear is deeply flawed and highly exploitable. as well as this game is in alpha.

Forum- We already told you the problems with allowing people to just get their items back.

pretty accurate right?

Yeah, that's about right..

OP, you do realize this is in Alpha and you will never get your stuff back. We are TESTERS and NOT paying customers. Nut up and go gear searching again like the rest of us.

EDIT: Actually, you may want to wait for the next hotfix before gear hunting again.. #friendlyadvice

I think we should all have our items wiped on every major patch anyway. Makes for better alpha testing.

pretty accurate right?

you're the only one here typing like an idiot.

if I die in the debug forest or plains I get my stuff back. It's simple. There are logs.

And losing all your stuff isn't? You die, you start over. Everyone deals with it. Deal with it.

Yeah' date=' that's about right..

OP, you do realize this is in Alpha and you will never get your stuff back. We are TESTERS and NOT paying customers. Nut up and go gear searching again like the rest of us.

[/quote']

I have lost all of my equipment several times over the last few days. Every time I've put hours into getting a good character going, he's been wiped out courtesy of bugs. I can't remember the last time I died to a player or anything else that's actually a part of the game

I can't remember the last time I died to a player or anything else that's actually a part of the game

This is the third time I've been moved to the debug forest or plains and been instantly shot in the back by some mong

Seems legit.

Getting killed by someone in the debug plains or forest is not in any way a part of the game

A player shooting another player. Not part of the game? If you're both in an area with weapons, it's a game of wits. Someone wins someone loses.

Killing in the debug areas is a bannable offense and is not a part of the game

Getting killed by someone in the debug plains or forest is not in any way a part of the game

If it's not part of the game, then how could it happen?

It IS part of the game. It shouldn't be, however.

OP list the following

Your dayz version number

Your Beta number as shown in game

The name of the server your trying to connect to.

I dont care nor will i help this will just give you something to do.

If it's not part of the game' date=' then how could it happen?

It IS part of the game. It shouldn't be, however.

[/quote']

It is part of the game because of lazy coding. You could create a non-out-of-bound-area outside of the actual map (the space is quite endless) where normal players will never get. I remember Gossamers warfare for example having a re-spawn like 14km away from the edge of the map.

As for the op: Suck it and get over it. It's annoying, but that's how things are atm. Also check if all files are up to date.

lose your progress to bugs so consistently that the game becomes unplayable, then come back here and make more snarky comments. Please.