saltedfish

Character not saving

Is this a bug or something that can be fixed normally? I logged out of server A, did some stuff, and came back to play more DayZ. Logged into server B, found all my htings were there but the server was too dark to see anything (no night vision) so I logged into server C to find that my character had been, ostensibly, deleted and I was forced to spawn anew.

A few more attempts showed my character moving around. Apparently each time I connected I was forced to create a new character?

Hopefully there is a fix for this. I'm posting this here and not in the bug forum because I'm not sure it belongs there yet.

Edit - right after I made this post, I found this: https://dev-heaven.net/issues/36635. Is this the problem? The server title didn't say anything about a hive.

Edited by saltedfish

It sounds like you are logging into private servers.

if you connect to a private server, then it is only saved on that server.

if you connect to a public server, it will transfer across all other public servers.

Private Hive= Keeps to own server

Public Hive= Character shared among all Public servers. Tents and vehicles will only be on the server you had them.

Is there any way to differentiate between public and private if there is nothing in the server title? Should I assume no mention in the title means public?