Sign in to follow this  
saltedfish

Changes..?

I have no idea if this is the right place to ask this question, but here we go.

I haven't played DayZ in close to a year - what's changed since then? I don't even remember where to start, I don't know what changes have been made or what's been added or taken out. Is there a.. repository of patch notes or a "current configuration" post that can clue me into what's happened in the past year? I'd like to get back into DayZ, but want to know exactly how things have changed since I last played, which was a very long time ago.

tl;dr: how to i catch up to the latest after being away for a year?

Heres the patch notes since november http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/103845-rolling-changelog-for-community-builds/

The DayZmod itself is now in the hands of the community dev team lead by R4ZOR49 while Rocket and his team concentrate on the official DayZ game which should be out some time this year and is looking to be pretty awesome i might add.

Another thing to note is that there's now a whole load different mods of the DayZmod, catering to all different playstyles.

Interesting changes - glad to see things have been moving forward.

There are now mods for the DayZ mod? I'm confused. Where can I see these mods?

Easiest way is to use dayzcommander, it will list a whole load of different mods and maps to choose from.

but it doesnt have them all so its a good idea to keep an eye on the forum too.