Sign in to follow this  
MisfitKid

Strange Lag

There are some things in life that just don't make sense and there are things that piss us off. Well one of those things happened not to long ago and it confused the hell out of me.

What is it?: Lag, REALLY BAD LAG. Both FPS and PING/INTERWEBS

When does it happen?: Basically, I join an empty server (or one with 1-3 people) and its bliss, smooth fps, no delay with my connection. Then A few more people join, my ping goes up and my fps goes down, a few more and suddenly 3fps and 5 sec delay. This happens on every server and its ravaging my rectum.

I really want to start playing again but this lag just down right rustles me. The weird thing is that when my ping goes up fps goes down. It confuses me and I don't like being confused.

Also mah specs are like higher than recommended.

Thanks for taking the time to read this.

I really need help.

Please.

I had a similar problem with left 4 dead 2 believe it or not... But it was because I was on a laptop at the time.

Are you wired/wirelessly connected to your router? Do you play at peak times?

Also mah specs are like higher than recommended.

What are your specs exactly? Higher than recommended isn't really saying anything :)

The weird thing is that when my ping goes up fps goes down. It confuses me and I don't like being confused.

That's normal. You want your ping to be low but FPS to be high :D

Ping is the amount of milliseconds it takes for information to get sent to and from the server so when it gets really high, your computer has to wait before it can draw the next frame, that is why your framerate drops. I experienced the same thing just a few days ago.

Woah sorry for not being here to reply but thanks for the replys anyways so my specs:

Cpu: amd athlon 64 x2 (terrible cpu) oc'd to 3.5ghz ive tried both overclocked and stock clock and no difference.

Ram: 4gb of ddr3 ram running at 2000mhz

Gpu: ati radeon HD6670 2gb

Motherboard: ECS RS740M-M

Holy balls i've just realised that my pc is somewhat under recommended specs. Well looks like I wont be playing day z for a while. Im gonna get a new mobo and CPU Maybe some more ram too. GPU though...ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I dunno. What do you guys recommend for a GPU.