Sign in to follow this  
Ken Bean

Two DayZ installations on one PC

Hi folks,

is it possible to install Arma X (Steam version) and ARMA 2: Combined Operations - Gold Edition (retail) on one and the same computer without interfering the installments (addons, probably registry keys) and player characters?

One might solve it by using separated windows user accounts, but the problem is, the steam version can't be installed “only for me”, while the retail version offers this option.

Thanks in advance

Check this out:

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2725008

The last post in there:

I have 2 other brothers and we all play DayZ on one computer. We have had the same problem until we found a solution. What we do is since the game recognizes the CD key for the last profile played, when ever one of us wants to play DayZ, we have to log into our steam account and and launch the game until you get to the title screen. This way DayZ will recognize the CD of that profile and will load that character. It might be a hassle but thats what it is.

Even when you guys still load each other character you still have to change the name of the character. Your character profile is not tied to your DayZ character, The profile name is only used to change what name appears on your character, so you would be able to change your name every time you play with the same character.

ArmA: 2 does not track your ip so you can play multiple characters on the same computer, it works for me

• Like 1

Hi, my brother and I are new to DayZ. We both play on the same computer, with only one steam account and one copy of the game. In-game, we have created different profiles, available from the menu options. Sometimes, when my brother logs out of his game, and I change to my profile and log in, I'll be at the same place as my brother, except in my skin! However, other times, I'll start at the beach, or if I logged out of an earlier game that my character was in, I'll start there. Why does this happen, that sometimes I'll start at the place that my brother left, but other times I'll start elsewhere, in my own game? How does DayZ/Arma make this decision?

I'm always the same character no matter what profile I chose. I thought this depends on the game copy.

@swissfish

Easy to explain:

You have only one game installed, so you have only one guid and it`s everytime you Play the same character only with changed profile name and outfit.

Spawning in the different places is caused by joining different servers, spawning in the same place means that you joined exactly the same private hive or a random (or maybe the same) official hive.

You do not have two different ingame-chars unless you have two license keys.

Edited by White Russian
  • Like 1