racerj

FPS hiccup every minute

I've been playing DayZ for ~2 days now and have found that even on good servers where I seem to get relatively constant FPS, I'll get an FPS "hiccup" once every minute or so for a second where my screen just freezes. Has anyone else experienced anything like this?

My PC specs are:

Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 @ 3.00Ghz

4GB RAM

Nvidia GTX 260

My settings are @ 1680x1050 w/ everything else on medium/high. My specs satisfy the "recommended" specs (according to http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri/intro.aspx ).

I haven't tried lowering my settings just yet, but that's the next step. However, I'd like to know if I should even bother with my current rig or if I won't ever be able to run this game properly. Any ideas?

Also, how can I monitor FPS in-game?

i believe more people are having this problem since sunday when 1.7.1 came out, i guess being patient is the best thing to do atm. or you could look around the forums for fixes

Thanks for the reply. I've looked around the forums and seen many other reports of constant FPS issues due to the 1.7.1 patch, but nothing quite like the intermittent issues I'm experiencing. My friend doesn't have any FPS issues if he finds a good server, which sort of makes me think it's because my system can't keep up.

I may give Gamebooster a shot... also just saw they released 1.7.1.4 which may fix some FPS issues

Getting this issue as well, and it NEVER happened until the two most recent patches. :/ The game runs smoothly, but randomly it will freeze for a full second. What the hell. :C

I noticed with the 1.7.1.4 update things run pretty smoothly when I'm not in cities, but as soon as I step in town or try and zoom into some town I start getting this issue again. It seems like it happens when the game tries to render/populate buildings, but that's just a guess. I haven't tried Gamebooster yet, but I'll give that a shot when I get home.

Does anyone know of a way to monitor FPS rate in-game?

I've been experiencing this since I installed the mod. I've tried numerous video configurations on typically unpopulated, low ping servers and it never goes away. I'm just going to have to bench this game until a future patch addresses it.

This guy seemed to have a similar problem and solved the issue by running a RamDisk with the DayZ files.

Link ->

Does anyone know of a way to monitor FPS rate in-game?

Try fraps, gamebooster got One too

Edited by Jenzen