Sign in to follow this  
Arnoldpalmer

Whole group of streamers using 3rd party hacks

For anyone using the "its in alpha" excuse, its for reporting bugs, not exploiting them. This is an open-alpha, and a game to be enjoyed by all.

This is the grey area, and will be resolved at a later date.

In the meantime, any abusive posts will result in a warning.

anyone can go watch the replay of the stream for themselves and see that they did not kill anyone with the guns that they spawned

Only the intention needs to be there.

For anyone using the "its in alpha" excuse' date=' its for reporting bugs, not exploiting them. This is an open-alpha, and a game to be enjoyed by all.

[/quote']

At around 2hours and 44mins in the first video you can hear them talking about waiting for it to save before logging out and saying "i have god mode on" and "lets go use our new toys" at another point in the video

From watching what's happened, it appears that the bteamgaming clan, or atleast some of its members, were spawning in crates and other items. They've admitted this numerous times. Similarly, I'm getting a mixed message from the clan members. One half claim that this is an Alpha and so essentially their actions are "helpful" and the other half are posting in supplication trying to minimise the perceived intent of their actions.

Now on livestream they've been going on and on for fifteen minutes talking about how it's not a hack, it's not an "exploit", but that it could be "exploited".

For all that is good, if I found out I could spawn in items, and I was as benevolent as you claim to be, I wouldn't live stream it and make jokes about shooting people with a spawned rocket launcher, I'd report it with video footage to the tech part of the forum.

It looks a whole lot to me like you guys (or at least one or two of you guys) thought it would be fun to try to exploit the game, and it got attention so quickly you weren't really able to work on it further.

Now we're going to have some other 16 year old running around spawning missiles.

You guys made a bad mistake, and for that you should be banned. Whether a mistake or not, your actions have a result, and doing it in livestream has just made everything worse.

Robbing a bank and being caught, and telling the police that "we wanted to check if the alarm could be easily disabled" is not an excuse.

Griff, first off great mod thanks for all your hard work and dedication to the community and fans. I've been playing it for the past few days and love it.

Earlier this evening we found some guy teleporting from city to city, someone in our mumble mentioned he knew what they were using (not members of our community, but viewers that came on to play your mod with us). We decided to take an initiative and cap some video and screen shots of what players could do with this MOD so other could recognize these exploits. In our video you can hear us plan this out and get the video of them teleporting to me, screen shots of the fact that people can drop arty etc. They then figured out how to spawn weapons boxes and we looked through them. After the boxes were looked through they then tried to drop arty on the boxes to destroy them. Shortly there after I had to DC to take care of some personal things.

I want to reiterate that no one was killed with weapons from boxes, or arty except the guys who were testing it.

The video sections highlighted most likely will not take into account the 1 hour or 2 before hand of us talking about getting all of this information to you guys to nail it on the head.

With that said, I wish you all the best with this mod and if you need my IP or whatever to ban me for streaming it and not actually installing this mod or using it. Please PM me.

I hope these actions result in a quick fix of players actually exploiting the MOD to ruin the experience of other players.

In addition, a HOTFIX for this MOD use is for server admins to disable @CBA. They confirmed the MOD wouldn't work with that enabled on server.

Thanks for your time,

August

August@bteamgaming.com

anyone can go watch the replay of the stream for themselves and see that they did not kill anyone with the guns that they spawned

For anyone using the "its in alpha" excuse' date=' its for reporting bugs, not exploiting them. This is an open-alpha, and a game to be enjoyed by all.

[/quote']

Wrong. A game in alpha is to be tested for exploits too.

[/quote']

Wrong. A game in alpha is to be tested for exploits too.

Read the post again. If you find an exploit, report it, and dont use it

Griff' date=' first off great mod thanks for all your hard work and dedication to the community and fans. I've been playing it for the past few days and love it.

[/quote']

Ha, yet more damage control now with some ass kissing!

You fucked up, face the consequences. No one will believe your lies, snake.

B&

Tone it down, I dont want this to turn in to a shit-slinging festival

I got blown up outside of the factory near zelenagorsk on chicago three tonight by an unknown explosive.... Now I know what it is. I will take it like a man, but these guys should have some punishment. It collapsed the whole building on me and I bled out!