Sign in to follow this  
AntonB

DayZ, buying it now?

Hi!

is it a good idear to buy Arma II when the standalone version comes out in June? And if i buy Arma II, do i then need to pay for the standalone?

Hope you guys can help me out! :)

The standalone isn't being released in June, they're 'reviewing the situation' (i.e. hopefully releasing a date) in June.

Yes, if you buy ARMA 2 you have to pay for the standalone, they're seperate games.

Edited by mZLY

Hi!

is it a good idear to buy Arma II when the standalone version comes out in June? And if i buy Arma II, do i then need to pay for the standalone?

Hope you guys can help me out! :)

1. the standalone may not be released in june (in fact its very unlikely)

2. yes you will need to buy the SA seperatly

3. Arma II is fun get it

Damn mLZY nice ninja

Edited by beatSTV

It wont come out in June...

arma 2 is way better than standalone cuz u got mods for arma2 OA like takistan life revolution, wateland etc.

dayz standalone will be the same shit chernarus runnin simulator with out admins being able to add vehicles buildings etc

so if u ask me im not even looking forward buying standalone when namalsk map offers u way more pvp

So whats the best thing to do? Buy it now, or wait? I reaaaaaaally burn for DayZ, but if it doesent release in June, then i can't wait!

What do you guys think? Is it worth it?

It wont come out in June...

arma 2 is way better than standalone cuz u got mods for arma2 OA like takistan life revolution, wateland etc.

dayz standalone will be the same shit chernarus runnin simulator with out admins being able to add vehicles buildings etc

so if u ask me im not even looking forward buying standalone when namalsk map offers u way more pvp

thanks for your input. How old are you if you don't mind me asking and also what Call of Duty was your favourite

• Like 2

So whats the best thing to do? Buy it now, or wait? I reaaaaaaally burn for DayZ, but if it doesent release in June, then i can't wait!

yes

I was in the same situation as you a few days ago... I decided to buy Arma 2 and OA just so I can play DayZ.. SOO gald I did. Having a great time with it so far. It helped that Arma 2 Combined Operations was on sale too :)

Edited by LkPr

I was in the same situation as you a few days ago... I decided to buy Arma 2 and OA just so I can play DayZ.. SOO gald I did. Having a great time with it so far. It helped that Arma 2 Combined Operations was on sale too :)

true dat

So i should buy it? btw, thanks for all the answers, its great with some help!

ArmA 2 is an Amazing game on its own and with all the community made mods and mission files it's like a library of games for $30

Bought! Thank you guys for your opinions. Installing Arma II right now and i bought the Complete Package.:) Also good to hear that there is alot for Arma II, sounds like i've done a good deal then! :) Well, cya in the Apocalypse!

once you've downloaded make sure you run both ArmA and OA then dl dayz commander and run everything off that :)

Can't i just use the DayZ over Steam store? :)

You can but Commander is an easy use program that allow you to change mod and map version at the click of a mouse and (as cliche as it is) sooo much more

Get Arma2 and play wasteland till june :P

Get Arma2 and play wasteland till june :P

might as well but A3 with that kind of attitude

It's funny, people back in summer were saying ''I'd wait for the standalone...'' whenever this question came up.

Buy Arma 2.

Buy it. Standalone might get delayed (again...)

and Arma 2 is a good game with many mod. Wasteland, Life, I even found a demolition derby server lol.

If you buy arma 2 get yourself dayzcommander, It will help you to keep all your stuff Up-to-date and you can save server and come back later on (witch on arma2 it harder)

I wish i could run the game. :(

I probably won't have a rig up to par until the SA is released. So I am stuck just watching dayz and wasteland videos. I already spend the majority of my day just reading through the forum. (Being an american who is staying in europe with no visa, i can't work, so I'm always bored and I am fucking sick of Ace of Spades.)

I would do anything to play this game. ANYTHING ;)

i would buy it, arma 2 is still really cheap imo.