Moth (DayZ)

Any tricks of the trade?

I would be heavily appreciative if anyone had some tips to avoid rather running into people. But the big question here is, when I get into a pvp situation... How could I react that would better the outcome?

If you see a player, and he hasn't noticed you yet, you go prone. Try to hide behind something and ask if he's friendly and tell him to put his gun down or you shoot. And if he doesn't put it down, then shoot him.

It all depends on the situation and what you want to do/what you are ok with doing. It all can boil down to fight or flight though.

It's fairly easy to just remain hidden and bail out if you spot them first, or get the jump on them if you wish. It's when you two meet at the same time or they spot you and fire on you do things get a bit tricky.

If you meet and neither of you don't immediately start unloading on each other, get into the nearest cover and either leave the area or attempt to talk with them. I wouldn't advise pursuing them after the first sight, as it is simple for them to see you coming and set up a trap. If you are going to be the killer, your best chance is on first sight or after you've gained their trust.

If you are fired upon by someone, it can be bit hard to get out alive, especially if they're a decent shot. The very first thing you need to do is figure out where they are approximately. This is very complicated and has a lot of facets to it, but the basics of it is listening for which direction the shot came from, how far away it was, what gun it is, and what a plausible location location would be based on that information (i.e. in Elektro, hear an M107 ~300m to the North, probably on sniper hill). If you have done this successfully and are still alive, find cover as soon as possible. If you are in a field or have no real cover, run away from their location in random zigzags. From there it's up to you. You can attempt to leave the area, possible having to repeat the process depending on the situation (3 yellow sniper in Cherno for instance) or find them and take them out, assuming you have the skill and the gear to do so. I wouldn't count on reasoning with them at this point, as they have shot you on sight.

Hope that helps.

• Like 1

It all depends on the situation and what you want to do/what you are ok with doing. It all can boil down to fight or flight though.

It's fairly easy to just remain hidden and bail out if you spot them first, or get the jump on them if you wish. It's when you two meet at the same time or they spot you and fire on you do things get a bit tricky.

This^ pretty much sums it up. If youre trying to avoid confrontations with people, id start to get acquanted with the areas of the map that people dont frequent. Cherno / Elektro are two id avoid all-together as they usually always will run you into someone.

If you meet and neither of you don't immediately start unloading on each other, get into the nearest cover and either leave the area or attempt to talk with them. I wouldn't advise pursuing them after the first sight, as it is simple for them to see you coming and set up a trap. If you are going to be the killer, your best chance is on first sight or after you've gained their trust.

If you are fired upon by someone, it can be bit hard to get out alive, especially if they're a decent shot. The very first thing you need to do is figure out where they are approximately. This is very complicated and has a lot of facets to it, but the basics of it is listening for which direction the shot came from, how far away it was, what gun it is, and what a plausible location location would be based on that information (i.e. in Elektro, hear an M107 ~300m to the North, probably on sniper hill). If you have done this successfully and are still alive, find cover as soon as possible. If you are in a field or have no real cover, run away from their location in random zigzags. From there it's up to you. You can attempt to leave the area, possible having to repeat the process depending on the situation (3 yellow sniper in Cherno for instance) or find them and take them out, assuming you have the skill and the gear to do so. I wouldn't count on reasoning with them at this point, as they have shot you on sight.

Hope that helps.

You have my beans sir, thanks for the tips!

• Like 1

Which death is preferably to every other? 'The unexpected'. - Ceaser

Choose where to fight your enemy - not sure

Basically if you are going to fight, make sure you are in control. Put them to the ground quicker than they can react :)

If, however you come under fire

1.firstly move towards cover and go prone.

2.Then get rounds down in a general direction of the enemy

3. Once they are suppressed identify there location (at this point many zombies will be around)

4. Begin a assualt whilst restricting enemy movement and fire. However if he runs away. Leave the coward to fight another day

5.?????????????

PROFIT

Edited by Guest

Putting your gun down is bad advice. At least if you have your gun and the other person is intent on shooting at you, you'll have a chance with your gun. Personally, I don't usually shoot at other people if they aren't an apparent threat to me.