Sign in to follow this  
thirstycactus

Hack or No?

I came upon this camp in a server I've been playing on a bit. It had bunch of spots that had camo material around them, and in these spots had lots of supplies and ammo and lots of tires and parts. Had about ten or more backpacks and a bunch of tents. Basically anything you needed. These supplies were floating. I've never seen anything like this before. Before I found this area I also seen a heli flying around with a truck floating above it. I logged out and when I came back the next day it was all still there. I can't imagine it's legit, but perhaps that server sets up these spots?

A server admin can use the Arma2 editor to build a base, and there are mods and scripts a server owner can install to enable base building. The floating items? That sounds really odd, unless server restarts caused items to move, but I have never heard of items placed legitimately floating like you describe. I would proceed with caution; aliens or hackers - you never know :rolleyes:

Edited by Saethkept

Grab the map from your arma cache and open it up in the editor. If the items you speak of are in the editor in that location, then sure, the admin has added them (not really a hack, just a cheating admin imho). If they aren't there then you can maybe let the admin know, because his database might need fixing. As for hacked in stuff, it would have gone after the reboot unless they've managed to inject the items into the database, again, I'd tell the admin asap.

this is completely admin based. just like what saethkept.

same with the floating items, its just what happened to items if there spawned in at restart.

Yeah sounds like your just playing in a custom server, did it happen to be a private hive? I know in my regular server cars can be lifted by helis and there is custom bases around the place

What about a working T90 tank appearing in the server,

i was in my favourite server and has been for a while there were a few in approx 7 people, when on the way to novy via a long route, i heard this voice(bandit) telling me to stop and drop weapon, i did then he took me into the road and told me to wait until a tank turned up(TANK!) then he ran as soon as it came i followed, turned out it was the Admin and a friend.By this time the room had emptied within 5 mins of this tank appearing.

so i left and rejoined only to be confronted by the tank again and 2 players, Admin and friend they held me up so i asked about the tank they got all defensive, i wasn't taking it so i told them to just kill me get it over with, he then proceeded to tell me he was going to ban me from the server, i just replied cool so be it. i left unfavourited his server and left it at that.

So is the Tank part of the Day Z mod or was this hacked/put in in by the admin, this was my top server to play on and i had covered every inch of the map, and had never seen a tank.

Edited by Crazy one

What about a working T90 tank appearing in the server,

i was in my favourite server and has been for a while there were a few in approx 7 people, when on the way to novy via a long route, i heard this voice(bandit) telling me to stop and drop weapon, i did then he took me into the road and told me to wait until a tank turned up(TANK!) then he ran as soon as it came i followed, turned out it was the Admin and a friend.By this time the room had emptied within 5 mins of this tank appearing.

so i left and rejoined only to be confronted by the tank again and 2 players, Admin and friend they held me up so i asked about the tank they got all defensive, i wasn't taking it so i told them to just kill me get it over with, he then proceeded to tell me he was going to ban me from the server, i just replied cool so be it. i left unfavourited his server and left it at that.

So is the Tank part of the Day Z mod or was this hacked/put in in by the admin, this was my top server to play on and i had covered every inch of the map, and had never seen a tank.

It will have been spawned in by admin/added by the admin with editor, it sounds like he was just being a bit of a dick, nothing more.

Doesn't sound like the type of server you'd like to play on anyway.

It will have been spawned in by admin/added by the admin with editor, it sounds like he was just being a bit of a dick, nothing more.

Doesn't sound like the type of server you'd like to play on anyway.

Thanks, sad thing is that was my home server and had been for a while was always a good place to be, sad that the Admin decided to be a dick.with a move like that.

Oh! well plenty more servers out there.