mitor

Humanity, current behaviour?

Hi,

The question is simple. I would like to know about humanity. The wiki seems to be outdated, and I can't find any true information about humanity, skins and overall behaviour when you kill/shoot/hit/respond to fire.

Killing survivors takes away some, killing heros takes away more, killing bandits takes none. Medicating someone adds some.

I'm not sure the exact values but I believe you become a hero when you reach 5000 humanity.

• Like 2

Survivor skin - 0-4999 humanity

Bandit skin - Negate Humanity

Hero skin - 5000+

If you shoot a survivor you loose 2k humanity. Unless he/she started shooting at your first and you got hit by him/her.

Shooting a bandit doesn't affect your humanity.

Shooting a Hero will cause a massive drop in humanity. I'm not sure how much you loose exactly.

Bloodbagging - Gives 250 humanity

Bandaging someone - Gives 20

Giving someone morphine - Gives 50

Giving painkillers - 20

Edited by Skat3rat

Damaging people also makes your humanity go down a bit. Even if you don't kill.

So effectively no way to deal with people who SOS without trying to let them hit you first? Unless of course you can loose them.

Shooting someone usually takes down about 200 or 300, to counteract the bloodbagging and medical help effects.

I learned this from a fake hero who needed a third man to help him get his hero skin... Just so he could help the other two bandits by pretending to be a medic. Long story short while they were enjoying their newly repossessed car. I planted a C4 underneath them while they were looting the old owner and felt no shame watching them go up in flames with the hatchback. Best part, they didn't die from me. The zombies who heard the explosion did the finishing job.

• Like 1

When losing humanity, it's per bullet ..

So if you're going to try and keep your humanity high but want to kill a survivor , make it a headshot (1 shot kill) ;)

Edited by urbanskaters

When below 2500 humanity slowly regenerates back up to 2500.

Im not so sure that just wounding a survivor causes a loss of humanity, tried it a while ago and noticed no change, will report back.

Edited by Fluxley58

When losing humanity, it's per bullet ..

So if you're going to try and keep your humanity high but want to kill a survivor , make it a headshot (1 shot kill) ;)

Are you sure about that? So weapons that deal high damage like DMR, give you less humanity drop? Isn't that a bit absurd?

Also, Are you sure that when someone shoots you first, then you don't lose humanity.

So as far as I know the skins work like it has been stated in this thread already (over 5000 gives you hero, survivor is 2500 down to -5000) but as for wounding survivors/returning fire after being shot it doesn't have any effect that I know of. If a survivor shoots you and you kill him you still lose humanity. I'm sure that wounding players does give slight decreases to humanity but not enough to stop blood boosting.

I haven't tested it lately, but back when I tracked this sort of thing, damage inflicted caused a variable amount of humanity loss and a kill gave a flat penalty. Shooting a guy with a DMR costs more than shooting him with a pistol, but you'll lose the same amount of humanity for dealing the same amount of damage. If a player has a murder on their current life, or has wounded you personally before you engage them, you do not lose humanity for shooting/killing them. Bandit skin drops them into that category at spawn, so even if they haven't killed anyone that life, they're fair game.

As far as I have checked, hitting someone doesn't give you humanity loss, and killing someone means you lose a fixed amount of humanity points.