Fiddlesticks

Character wipes with patch releases

Also' date=' I just thought, with character wipes/ resets. It would remove and dupped or hacked items that are present in the game

[/quote']

I agree, I just posted a thread about this aswell, explains some people I have killed and some stupid amount of items I have found.

http://dayzmod.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=17085

Also' date=' I just thought, with character wipes/ resets. It would remove and dupped or hacked items that are present in the game

[/quote']

I agree, I just posted a thread about this aswell, explains some people I have killed and some stupid amount of items I have found.

Please add your views in here mate, would be best to keep everything in one place.

[/quote']

Please add your views in here mate, would be best to keep everything in one place.

Like I say in my post, I have the best items and I hate dying and losing them but I support a global wipe of characters/items. The reasons are that I have killed now countless people that have the best items, and a lot of them. Although the server hop issue will be fixed soon items right now are popping up everywhere. Killing a player to see they are carrying around 3-5 night vision goggles is a bit stupid. Killing two people with the exact set of items, 100% the same items(nothing more, nothing less) is a bit stupid to come across. Although me and someone I play with usually run around with the same gear on usually our inventory and inside our bags are different, and that was not the case for the people I killed.

Wiping would make everyone just respawn, reseting vehicles and deleting tents. Putting everyone at the same level(atleast for a little while)

Maybe a better idea is to wipe at the server hopping fix because then items would be a lot less common considering a lot of people would be forced to stick to a couple servers instead of hopping in stary, looting 10 tents, repeat.

Bump.

Congratulations.

Wondering if any devs have browsed though this thread?

Just watched though the TH vid with the interview/gameplay with Rocket, and he did mention a potential thought towards a more structured patch release schedule. Now in no way do i mean to put words in his mouth, i'd just wondered if the fact this idea seems popular, the two trains of thought might work well together?

Starting everyone over would mean you would not get feedback about those who have and use rare items and weapons. You always have a steady influx of killed players who come back and fresh noobs to get feedback on the things you start with. I see it as counter productive to wipe players until the mod is out of testing.

I can see your view point of testing rare items/gear, but it wouldn't have to be a static window by any means. Also:

A)Most of those rare items aren't in the mod yet (plus we could always have a week where you make them so available everyone can test the item all week)

B) The guns don't need testing, they are from the ARMA core code and are solid already (apart from some issues with zeroing with some guns+ammo type combinations.)

That way you get solid testing on all that rare kit, plus people don't keep to keep it, so no overpowering any players.

With the massive number of people playing Day Z, the idea that nobody will be able to test the rare items is improbable.

actually not a bad idea at all. Everyone (incl me) keeps saying "THIS IS AN ALPHA."

Ok. Let's test the Alpha. Reset character to start with every major patch. Would make a lot more sense and clear up hoarding, et al.

actually not a bad idea at all. Everyone (incl me) keeps saying "THIS IS AN ALPHA."

Ok. Let's test the Alpha. Reset character to start with every major patch. Would make a lot more sense and clear up hoarding' date=' et al.

[/quote']

Yeah it just seems to be a better way of getting feedback from the whole player base.

also the loss of 'I got sniped' threads will balance the gain it 'reset-rage' ones! haha

THing is, unlike MMO games in DayZ you don't HAVE to do any work to access to tier gear; you simply have to be lucky. If YOU do not have them, someone else will basically.

I think regular wipes would be much welcome.

I can see it being an extremely unpopular move in the eyes of those who do not see themselve as alpha testers.