mattckd

just an idea.......how about tranquilizer rounds?

The idea that i am going to suggest is tranquilizer rounds that players can fire at zombies or survivors, the rounds in question will make the target fall unconscious for roughly a minute or two, in that time the play can disconnect but his body and his loot will still be there abit like the disconnect 5 second delay but longer, in that time if you are quick you can loot the unlucky player.

I have no idea whether said tranquilizer rounds will be rare or not that will be up to the day community and most importantly rocket to decide.

No.

Here's why - given both the lore of zombie and the environment of this particular video game, it simply does not fit in. Imagine, constantly being Tranqed, then looted for everything you have, AND unable to play the game for (x) amount of time. I just don't like that. Also, a tranq would most likely be a 1-shot-kill sort of gig; basically, someone shoots you one single time with it, then raids you for everything you have. I would imagine with it being silent as well nobody would even know it happened.

I just don't think it's a good idea. It is a good suggestion, but not a good one to implement in this type of a game. I would like to hear other people's opinions on it, though. Because even when I try to theorycraft possible "good" and "productive" uses for it, I get nothing.

Gobby

No.

Here's why - given both the lore of zombie and the environment of this particular video game' date=' it simply does not fit in. Imagine, constantly being Tranqed, then looted for everything you have, AND unable to play the game for (x) amount of time. I just don't like that. Also, a tranq would most likely be a 1-shot-kill sort of gig; basically, someone shoots you one single time with it, then raids you for everything you have. I would imagine with it being silent as well nobody would even know it happened.

I just don't think it's a good idea. It is a good suggestion, but not a good one to implement in this type of a game. I would like to hear other people's opinions on it, though. Because even when I try to theorycraft possible "good" and "productive" uses for it, I get nothing.

Gobby

[/quote']

thanks for you input i do understand what you are saying so maybe rocket or other members of this forum may have a better solution on how to implement it. I too would be frustrated if it happened to me in game. anyway its just a suggestion lets see what happens :D

I like the idea in theory, the problem is that it's basically impossible to use tranq darts on humans without either a) having no effect or b) killing them. As a game mechanic it would have to be really inaccurate with really shitty range, and super slow to reload. It would also not take people down fast. There'd be a delay of say 30 seconds. That would be realistic.

No.

Here's why - given both the lore of zombie and the environment of this particular video game' date=' it simply does not fit in. Imagine, constantly being Tranqed, then looted for everything you have, AND unable to play the game for (x) amount of time. I just don't like that. Also, a tranq would most likely be a 1-shot-kill sort of gig; basically, someone shoots you one single time with it, then raids you for everything you have. I would imagine with it being silent as well nobody would even know it happened.

Gobby

[/quote']

Uh... and how is this worse than the fact that they could just shoot you with an AK? Nobody said it was 1shot knockout either which would basically make it OP since once you're knocked out, killing you is an easy step away.

In the future, humanity might matter. So some people will probably want to play non-lethal.

Problems include people disconnecting as soon as they go unconscious though.

How about, 1 shot mags, so reload necessary after each shot. If you hit once, they'll get drowsy, poor aim and stamina after a time, but still conscious.

If you hit twice they go down after 30 seconds. If they inject Epinephrine before that they keep going. :P

Its a god idea, its been suggested a few times before.

Ive got it in my list below.

My version addresses Goblins concern nicely.

15: Non lethal weapons. Something to incapacitate people and rob them without killing them. Tranq darts etc would be nice. One shot = slower movement blurry vision etc. Two shots = slow down until you pass out. The gun could be a slow loading one shot weapon so there is no one hit kill mechanic introduced with these weapons.

Edit: similar to Integer above i see.