Sign in to follow this  
dulix11

Broken Leg healing [SA]

Currently, alot of people don't like the way broken bones are healed simply with morphine. I agree that the healing process should be more complex and time-consuming for such a painful injury. So here is my idea: You get shot in the leg, or fall onto the ground and break your leg. In order to heal it, you need a splint and some morphine, only to stop the pain and make healing slightly quicker.

ALSO the broken bone icon should be red to start with, and then slowly turning green to indicate the bone is healed. So applying morphine or a splint will make the icon greener, until it is healed.

Splints:

These would be rare and found mainly in hospitals and military buildings. When you have a broken bone you apply this to the affected limb and it will heal it to 50%. see below

You can also craft splints, but these are less durable and have a chance to fail. They will also heal broken bones much slower than proper ones.

Crafting Splints:

To craft a splint you will need:

Wood Sticks (Which could be made from using a hatchet with a wood pile) and a bandage OR clothing. This would destroy that piece of clothing and be used in the splint.

How to heal broken bones:

Apply a splint to the affected limb and then wait. A timer will appear under the broken bone icon indicating how long you have left until the bone is healed. Using painkillers will slightly decrease time needed to heal, and using morphine will greatly reduce it, but this cannot be applied unless a splint is in use. When the bone is fixed, you can remove the splint (crafted ones cannot be used twice) and go on your merry way.

Bone Conditions:

This meter shows you what condition your bone is in:

0% -20% = Broken, if it is a leg you will have to crawl everywhere, you can stand however you can't walk or vault. If your arm is broken, you cannot raise a 2 handed weapon.

20% - 40% = Is better, you can walk short distances and have a 20% chance of a succesful vault. If your arm is affected, you can hold weapons / aim with slightly less shaking.

40% - 60% = Much better, you can run short distances, before slowly down or falling. You now have a 50% chance of a succesful vault. If your arm is affected, you can properly aim, but with some assistance (ie fence to lean on)

60% - 90% = You can walk properly and run a bit further. You now have a 80% chance of a succesful vault. If your arm is affected, you can aim with less shaking without assistance.

90% - 100% = You can walk properly and run with a slight limp. You now have a 95% chance of a succesful vault. If your arm is affected you can now use larger weapons (LMGs, large calibre sniper rifles) with ease.

The broken bone meter will go from red to green depending on its condition.

Tell me what you think, thanks!

Edited by dulix11
  • Like 8

OLghXTg.jpg

Been suggested many, many times before. Great idea nonetheless.

But seriously, I haven't seen a genuine suggestion thread in a while. :(

• Like 3

Not so big on the timer, I don't think you should know exactly when your bone will heal, but other than that it seems like a pretty good suggestion.

+1 timer gone better rest is fine we shouldn't know when we heal to add to the fear.

Interesting. I think the vault speed should be affected and the success rate should be a bit higher.

Thanks for the feedback, I've removed the timer thing, I do see where you're coming from.

I'm gonna vote no. It's already a part of the game that's too tedious and boring as it is. It doesn't need to be more of a time sink. The only good fix would be to just replace morphine with a wood splint that could be crafted by anyone who uses a hatchet near a tree. The healing time shouldn't be extended though. If shouldn't take any longer to heal, or be any more complex game play wise, than it is for a player to remove any of the other status effects in the game. Or better yet, get rid of the broken leg mechanic altogether and just replace it with a more abstract trauma/dazed mechanic which would be more inline with the very abstract bleeding mechanic already.

The entire medical system is being reworked for the standalone.

I'm gonna vote no. It's already a part of the game that's too tedious and boring as it is. It doesn't need to be more of a time sink. The only good fix would be to just replace morphine with a wood splint that could be crafted by anyone who uses a hatchet near a tree. The healing time shouldn't be extended though. If shouldn't take any longer to heal, or be any more complex game play wise, than it is for a player to remove any of the other status effects in the game. Or better yet, get rid of the broken leg mechanic altogether and just replace it with a more abstract trauma/dazed mechanic which would be more inline with the very abstract bleeding mechanic already.

Tedious? Currently, all you have to do is get some morhpine and your ready to go. I disagree with replacing morphine with splints, morphine still could be used for more serious injuries.