Sign in to follow this  
syfoor

Melee secondary weapons

Hey guys,

Didn't see a thread about it, anyways, I'll raise this again. Why melee weapons in DayZ aren't put in secondary slot? I bet they would be really popular for clearing zombies, and I can't understand how this would break the game and I also bet this would take like a single line of code to be implemented. So why this isn't done?

that is because the hatchet is a reskinned main weapon.... So it cant be placed in secondary

So its impossible to reskin pistol, so it can be secondary weapon? Or change weaponclass or some other parameter, I don't know the arma 2 engine scripting, to secondary? I don't see a problem there.

I guess they gonna fix this for standalone. But i dont know the script and the mod is kind of broken and limited...

So its impossible to reskin pistol, so it can be secondary weapon? Or change weaponclass or some other parameter, I don't know the arma 2 engine scripting, to secondary? I don't see a problem there.

I dont know that either, I suppose it is impossible..... otherwise they would have done it I guess