Sign in to follow this  
cf3kylerees

DayZ Tournaments (win cash & Prizes)

So this is my idea...

When the game has released and is stable and have fixed problems like hacking and combat logging, there could be tournaments.

There would be a cash fee, and a prize for 1st, 2nd and 3rd. For example a cash prize or just an awesome prize.

The tournament will not have a time limit due to how long people can survive, and when the survivor count drops to 10 remaining, they could survive on a smaller map or be on the same map but in a certain area to speed up the time. And rather than having that stupid saying "turn around, you're leaving the battlefield" when going out of the area, there could be something like radiation or something else to add to the story which stops them from leaving.

There will not be any camping because they will starve of hunger and die of thirst, so they will be on the move a lot which increases coming in contact with others and the speed of the tournament, and teams may be formed to help each other get to the end, to claim 1st, 2nd and 3rd place.

The map could also be edited every single tournament so players can't prepare or get a feel to the map.

The vehicle spawns and also the loot spawns will be changed so maps on websites like DayZDB and DayZWiki can't be used to gain an advantage over others.

There will be no global chat so players can't arrange to meet up and so on.

Let me know what you guys think,

Peace.

Edited by CF3KyleRees

I think a tournament would be a good concept but I'd rather refer it as a contest. To restrict people from going out of bounds, the map could be customized with high walls to prevent people from getting out of the 'Survival Area'

This survival area could have..

• Medium-Large playground with a dense count of zombies that are more aggressive than usual.
  • Friendly/bandit players would be a factor as well.
  • Survival should be key. Longest you survive from either a zombie or player, should be accounted as the winner.
  • Start off with no weapons since melee combat is confirmed. Crafting your own weapons should be considered.
  • Surrounding the high walls, there could be towers in each corner of the play field which the players in these towers could fire off a few shots to attract zombies and make them charge to the nearest player into the direction of where the shots are coming from for an extra challenge.

I do believe this should be the very least of the DayZ community's concern. I'm just sharing an idea if this does come to interest to the official developers as well.

Edited by TIC321
  • Like 1

http://www.survivorgamez.com

they say they are working with rocket to have this running on DayZ SA when it comes to life.

I have actually heard about this but haven't touched on this too much. Seems good :)

I don't know, why not have a tournament on vanilla arma? What you're suggesting seems just like a mass free for all , or wasteland.