wo0kie (DayZ)

Pretty convinced everyone is a bandit.

I just think its funny when people try and use the reasoning that if there was a zombie outbreak and the world went to hell we would go crazy and kill each-other.

They are leaving out one very crucial variable, that we would all have a common enemy to fight and beat.

If the dead walked would we go mental and kill each-other?...no

If we were invaded by extra-terrestrials would we go mad and kill each-other?...no

Why not?..Because we would group together and fight the common enemy, two groups might come into conflict over rare resources like fuel or women.

It wouldn't be a shoot on sight protocol unless you have a brain the size of a pea-nut, the reason the homo-sapiens won over the Neanderthal was because we are social animals and like to trade and share knowledge (survivor), while the Neanderthal would kill you if you come into his territory and then eat you (bandit).

I just deal and try to avoid as many survivors as possible. I have only been killed a few time by players and had one shoot out. it was all good. I do not shoot on site you have to do something hostile toward me and my group before I pull the trigger.

FALSE: There are only 38000 bandits out of 213000 total living players.

Another thing, my friends and I have never been killed on the beach or by a hacker, is this something that only happens on regular servers?

Sure Unknown, you can discount all the study that says society would degenerate, or we could just go with your assurance to the contrary. Me? I'll throw in with all the biologists, psychologists, and archeologists that say if there were a major breakdown in society, lack of food, fuel, weapons, and a major outbreak/apocalypse type event people would become pretty much like they are in this game.

Not too hard to find the evidence if you just look. If the world faced an event like a ZA or other major breakdown of society the most dangerous thing on the planet would be a survivor, not a zombie/alien/whatever.

Not too hard to find the evidence if you just look. If the world faced an event like a ZA or other major breakdown of society the most dangerous thing on the planet would be a survivor' date=' not a zombie/alien/whatever.

[/quote']

Well i've looked and can't find any evidence of mindless blood-lust on a mass scale.

Even in Berlin when the Russians were raping and killing this was only relatively on a small scale and that's about as close as we have came to Armageddon in the modern times with a modern civilisation.

The most bloody moments in human history are the CHANGE in policies, English civil wars, French revolution, Russian revolution, American civil war, Cambodian revolution, many large internal battles in china etc.

You base your human psychological mind-frame on Hollywood movies, apocalypse now didn't really happen nor did any-other fruitcake idea that healthy humans would kill each-other when faced with an infected enemy "alien/not human anymore" type of shit stain.

Colour, class, religion would go out of the window.

Humanity would rule, in the end.

Haven't met one friendly player all day. Met about 13 already and all of them hostile.

Really fucking annoying.

Look for people here on the forums to group with, surely 1 out of the 250k that play this game would be willing :P

This has nothing to do with "food research" (or any other loot thing...)' date=' most of "bandits" kills just to increase their kill count, believing it the right thing to do.. like the number of kills is a sort of skill indicator.

[/quote']

IT ISN'T?!??!?!?!?!!? XD

Ive been killed while weaponless a few times, kind of frustrating, especially when you've built up some other nice items like hunting knives and hatchets. But then again, I suppose it makes the kill worth it for the other players.

I actually found 2 people in the woods that were friendly. They even lowered their weapons. It's rare though, my usual thoughts are shoot if they come near me, or if i hear gunshots and see a person I will take them out, reason being is because I have to defend myself because MOST people shoot others even if they aren't a threat.

They aren't really bandit (nor as an "RPG" role)' date=' neither they are retard.. they are just "videogamers". Unfortunately most of videogamers learned to play shooters, and they only know to "kill the enemy" .. nor because they are dumb, but because most of the games are designed like this. DayZ is different, *but* it offers the same tool of a traditional FPS (weapons basically...) so the first thing the average gamer will do is: KILL! Nothing more.. nothing less.

Unfortunately there's no way you can teach gamers to do something differently.. unless you decide to (artificially) incentivate a different behavior .. or punish a "kill on sight" one.

This has nothing to do with "food research" (or any other loot thing...), most of "bandits" kills just to increase their kill count, believing it the right thing to do.. like the number of kills is a sort of skill indicator.

[/quote']

Couldn't agree with this more.

Haven't met one friendly player all day. Met about 13 already and all of them hostile.

Really fucking annoying.

Leave the coast. most of the mindless pvp goes on at the coast as this is where all the newbs are that don't understand the game yet.

Also, the first time I played the game I didn't see another human player for 5 hours. I suspect you're doing something wrong if you are coming across so many people.

There are survivors, plenty of them (me included), and I met 4 yesterday not including the guy I was playing with. OK so one of them had no ammo so he might just of been an impotent bandit but i'll gie him the benefit of the doubt.

+1 on above post.

Had a weird incident late last night as I am 99% survivor and 1% bandit (and that 1% is only to protect my other 99%). On one of my many respawns I ran inland only about 100yds before I stummbled upon a single walker. I turned to run back down the beach in a panic (no Makarov, no nothing of course) as he aggro'd and followed on my heals.

As I ran I saw another guy spawn in way ahead of me and stand there looking around. So I ran right to him. I yelled over direct chat "Buddy!! Look to ur right! INCOMING!!" LOL When he saw us I was getting closer to him so he hit the deck. Just layed out flat on the beach.

By now I was close to him so I said "Don't worry. The Z is on me. I'll drag him. Just get up and RUUUUN!!" (Anyone see what I'm doing here? LOL) So the guy did. I immediately started to zig zag in and out of a few bushes and the Z broke contact and right away aggro'd on the dude running away!!

I swear this happened last night. last I saw him he was heading north into the tree line with an angry Z right on his ass! LOLOL To that dude: thanks you for saving me. I loved that u followed my hysterical instructions to the T. And sorrry i did that. I was panicing.

Am I officially in the bandit club now? I hope not.....

Must not have searched too hard Unknown...Keep in mind that writers, even movie writers, tend to do some research before they put pen to paper.

http://cluborlov.blogspot.com/2008/02/five-stages-of-collapse.html

(before you discredit it by saying it's a blog, look at it, it comes from an article written by psychologists)

This just deals with societal collapse. Remember, I didn't just say a mutual enemy with our society mostly intact, we are talking about a collapse in government, order, communication, food supply, etc. Thos mod reflects a complete breakdown of society.

"If pre-collapse society is too atomized, alienated and individualistic to form cohesive extended families and tribes, or if its physical environment becomes so disordered and impoverished that hunger and starvation become widespread, then Stage 5 collapse becomes likely. At this stage, a simpler biological imperative takes over, to preserve the life of the breeding couples. Families disband, the old are abandoned to their own devices, and children are only cared for up to age 3. All social unity is destroyed, and even the couples may disband for a time, preferring to forage on their own and refusing to share food. This is the state of society described by the anthropologist Colin Turnbull in his book The Mountain People. If society prior to Stage 5 collapse can be said to be the historical norm for humans, Stage 5 collapse brings humanity to the verge of physical extinction."

http://hanson.gmu.edu/collapse.pdf

"The sudden change in the relative value of different kinds of capital pro-

duces inequality, i.e., big winners and losers, and envy, i.e., a feeling that winner gains are

undeserved. Such envy can encourage theft and prevent ordinary social institutions from

functioning; consider the widespread resistance to letting market prices rise to allocate gas

or water during a crisis."

"The most obvious possibility would be to create refuges with sufficient resources to help

preserve a small group of people through a very large disruption, the resulting social collapse,

and a transition period to a post-disaster society. Refuges would have to be strong enough

to survive the initial disruption. If desperate people trying to survive a social collapse could

threaten a refuge’s longterm viability, such as by looting the refuge’s resources, then refuges

might need to be isolated, well-defended, or secret enough to survive such threats."

That's just two because I have time. If that's not enough for you there's little point to continue the debate and just agree to disagree. There's plenty of instances in our history where humans, outside the order of basic society, resort to banditry, lawlessness, anarchy, etc. Easy to find, only took me ten minutes to find two.

Must not have searched too hard Unknown...Keep in mind that writers, even movie writers, tend to do some research before they put pen to paper.

http://cluborlov.blogspot.com/2008/02/five-stages-of-collapse.html

(before you discredit it by saying it's a blog, look at it, it comes from an article written by psychologists)

This just deals with societal collapse. Remember, I didn't just say a mutual enemy with our society mostly intact, we are talking about a collapse in government, order, communication, food supply, etc. Thos mod reflects a complete breakdown of society.

"If pre-collapse society is too atomized, alienated and individualistic to form cohesive extended families and tribes, or if its physical environment becomes so disordered and impoverished that hunger and starvation become widespread, then Stage 5 collapse becomes likely. At this stage, a simpler biological imperative takes over, to preserve the life of the breeding couples. Families disband, the old are abandoned to their own devices, and children are only cared for up to age 3. All social unity is destroyed, and even the couples may disband for a time, preferring to forage on their own and refusing to share food. This is the state of society described by the anthropologist Colin Turnbull in his book The Mountain People. If society prior to Stage 5 collapse can be said to be the historical norm for humans, Stage 5 collapse brings humanity to the verge of physical extinction."

http://hanson.gmu.edu/collapse.pdf

"The sudden change in the relative value of different kinds of capital pro-

duces inequality, i.e., big winners and losers, and envy, i.e., a feeling that winner gains are

undeserved. Such envy can encourage theft and prevent ordinary social institutions from

functioning; consider the widespread resistance to letting market prices rise to allocate gas

or water during a crisis."

"The most obvious possibility would be to create refuges with sufficient resources to help

preserve a small group of people through a very large disruption, the resulting social collapse,

and a transition period to a post-disaster society. Refuges would have to be strong enough

to survive the initial disruption. If desperate people trying to survive a social collapse could

threaten a refuge’s longterm viability, such as by looting the refuge’s resources, then refuges

might need to be isolated, well-defended, or secret enough to survive such threats."

That's just two because I have time. If that's not enough for you there's little point to continue the debate and just agree to disagree. There's plenty of instances in our history where humans, outside the order of basic society, resort to banditry, lawlessness, anarchy, etc. Easy to find, only took me ten minutes to find two.

All survivors I met today killed me even I was weaponless and without good equipment.

It's more rational to be a "bandit" in most cases...

Other players are armed with firearms and are capable of making the decision to kill me a in a split second. It makes more sense to seize the initiative, and kill the other player before he makes the calculation to kill me..

At longer ranges avoidance is an option, and I often take it. If I have nothing to gain.

I've never shot an unarmed player, mainly because they don't have anything I would need/want.

Killing people is a much more effective way of gaining supplies. Your basically converting all that characters time into your own. You kill 2 characters that have been alive 10 in game hours, and your going to end up with a lot of valuable supplies without having to deal with the zombie hordes.

Once you get some decent gear there isn't anything else to do but shoot people. I don't go to coast cause that's pointless and not very fun, I usually setup in a big city or some portion of the map I am living in and just kill people heading into it. If I am really just looking for people to pew pew I'll go to cherno or electro but hang in the city itself, rather than shoot people coming off the beach.

yeah' date=' yeah

[/quote']

All theoretical, now show me proof from recorded history.

Fall of the Roman empire, Mongol invasion, etc.

Humans wouldn't kill innocent humans if we had a non human enemy to fight (Zombie/ET), unless under duress from extreme circumstances, there is plenty of food in the game world and plenty of guns and ammo. So your argument is mute to the fact of killing to survive.

If you think or theorise that we would murder the future population of earth then your either mental or just plain wrong, every group has a leader if that leader said to kill everyone then he wouldn't be a leader for long.

Maybe in the most backwards nations on earth they would resort to cannibalism and murder on sight, but in Europe we would just fall back then counter attack = WIN.

No psychologist can predict the future and say that the human species would self destruct in that situation, if they seriously did, they would never be taken seriously again because the human race has faced much worse situations in the past.

Friendliness is also different per server. I mostly play on European veteran servers, and my experience is that players on these servers are less hostile than on US and Russian servers. Although you will still get shot occasionally.

As I said Unknown, it's out there and if you can't find it on your own there's no point. You'll just make up some other excuse to disbelieve past evidence. I'm at work, reading these forums sporatically and don't have time to do what a capable human being should be able to do...read for you. We'll just have to agree to disagree.

Let natural selection take care of it' date=' since they will not gain neither ammo nor food by hunting the new spawnees down.

[/quote']

natural selection in a UN-natural environment, don't be silly!

that's how the wooly mammoths became extinct and now we cant hunt EM anymore.

I'm not really a bandit. Current life has been living in the northwest for 4-5 days with zero murders, zero bandit kills.

However, I've killed a newbie fresh off the coast in a panic once, when I walked into a barn and he whipped around with his Makarov in my face...I fired first and asked questions later.

I also play with a small group of friends most of the time, usually a total of less than 4, most often just 2 of us at a time in different combinations. If one of us has died recently and has no gear...it's more important to our enjoyment of the game to get our mate geared up, whatever it takes. Sadly if you aren't in my group of friends, your enjoyment is worth less than ours, and we will take your bag and rifle to get our friends up to speed.

However, when we're all geared up and out looting, we are more likely than anything to watch you from afar, and only kill you if you present a threat. Definitely not a bandit, but I've got a handful of murders under my belt. It's all circumstantial.

This game is simply getting really frustrating with the plethora of shoot first and dont ask. Ive been trying to play the last week, not including cherno or eleckro, it seems where ever you go someone is going to kill you for no reason. I understand how the game works and i am fine with that but the quality of players in most server have gone down. I havent been apart of a group for over a month.

Not a bandit... but I'm with the OP. I was about to starve to death so my survival buddy and I headed back to land so I could eat something, so we could both use a heat pack and continue on the long journey down the coast. As we hit the shore line some guys in a truck were refueling at a gas station. It might have been a car. They opened fire on us before we got to land. They hit our boat with a round or two, we made it to land, and ended up firing back at them. We weren't aiming at them, but their truck. They/he moved to a better firing position across the water, on a pier safe from zeke. Opened fire again, so we returned fire, and from our position almost got overran. We cleared it, repositioned leaving our boat as bait. I called out "We WERE friendly until YOU shot at us!" Then my SB and I setup a classic ambush. I posted up on a road about 100m from a side road. My SB setup aimed down the side road. As the truck or car came roaring down the asphalt I unloaded into the engine and cabin. A sharp right turn and my SB hit him a couple of times in the back of the vehicle. We repositioned expecting retalliation, it never came and the server crashed.

Main reason for so many bandits, lack of comunication. You wanna loose your time on DIRECT CHANNEL saying you are friendly and in the meantime get shot in your face???