Sign in to follow this  
I408

hero bug

hi,

first of all, i've looked around the fora and the rest of the interwebs for fixes/causes of this bug, but came up with no results/fixes, while i've seen multiple people complain about this, so i'll try to describe it as specific as possible. (sorry if tl:dr)

Running 1.7.6.1 and 103419 on dayz commander or through steam (both fresh installed again after first encounter with bug)

I recently acquired the hero skin, but ever since then i always either die, or spawn at the coast with all my gear. I only came across this issue since i got the hero skin while raiding the NW airfield with some buddies. After that, we went to the north to hide our loot. Just arrived at our campsite and the server gave a restart warning, so we logged out, 5 min later we logged back in, and i spawned above the sea (map indicated coords 14h 00v ), falling towards it multiple times and spawning again meters above it, till i finally fell to my (insta) dead. After that i respawned just fine on the coast, without gear. When i joined another server later, same thing happened. It seems like it only happens when logging in, not when respawning after death.

Tested on multiple (about 20-30) public hive, official servers, always same thing happening.

This seems to me like a bug that needs fixing right now, since the hero skin is meant to get players to work together, while now i am seriously considering killing some noobs in cherno to get rid of it.

If you have a solution, post it here, if there is another thread, please redirect me, otherwise redirect other people here.

(All my beans for the person who comes up with a solution)

Thanks in advance!

You got the hero skin... by raiding the NW airfield... something doesn't add up about that.

I have the same issue, I got tiered so i im not playing Dayz till its fixed, it can be fixed though if your wearing a gillie suit or camo clothing

You got the hero skin... by raiding the NW airfield... something doesn't add up about that.

one of my friends got hit quite hard by some zombies, i gave him blood and morphine.. pretty straightforward right?

one of my friends got hit quite hard by some zombies, i gave him blood and morphine.. pretty straightforward right?

This, Anyone would know that if you arent careful at NWAF you get hurt. Think.

No offense though 1408, Im sure it was just bad luck on your friends part.

Its a bug caused by the anti-teleport script in the lastest update, as far as i know the only solution is for the admin of the server to disable the script until it is fixed.

We have it fixed on our server and im sure theres many others out there that do too.

Edited by Fluxley58

Had the Hero skin since they added it. I had this problem when it first came out, and a few times since, but everytime? hmm.. I sadly don't have any tips for you other then maybe play on a private hive where you wont have this issue till its fixed

Although how does one go hero "raiding" NWAF