Sign in to follow this  
BANANA (DayZ)

Started playing DayZ again! Some questions :)

Hello everyone so I started playing DayZ back at the very start when we all spawned with our nice revolvers, then came the makarovs, and then nothing :(. After months of playing I just stopped after a clan I was part of disbanded because of numerous members hacking on our server. For some reason after that I never played the game again... I today decided because of nostalgia to start playing the game again and I started looking through the endless patch notes.. I was wondering if someone could crash course the major changes? Map changes? Zombie changes? Weapons?

Thanks a bunch guys :D

Edit: Posted the not complete post by mistake.

Edited by BANANA

no l85AWS, loads of new maps including the very popular taviana, new trash loot, some new weapons not many on vanilla, some great new mods out (breaking point, origins and epoch being a few)

Collect as much toilet paper as possible. It's as rare as anything can get.

what does toilet paper actually do?

absolutely nothing !, it is trash loot like empty cans ( atleast you can throw cans )

alot has happened since they removed weapon spawns as default, private hive communities are now the norm although the benefit is that now the game is hacker free for the most part.

there are new maps but I suggest you start with chernarus again, spawning without a weapon is better because you will need to actually scavenge to survivie, treating this game like a pvp fest is kindof lame.

but anyway, some servers have neat new food items, thermal weapons have been removed due to being way too OP.